Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Oriental
18-10-2013, 01:02 PM   #1

Cat harness

So from my other thread about walking my cats, I got to thinking about what the best harnesses are.

Anyone have any recommendations? Atm they just have a basic one from cats at home.

Anyone got one of these? http://www.mynwoodcatjackets.co.uk/designer.php

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
18-10-2013, 03:59 PM   #2

Re: Cat harness

Those look serious! I like the tartan ones, but I don't think either of mine would let me get near them with one.

I didn't try a harness or lead with Kizzy but Pip did wear one (with limited success) and it was just an ordinary thin one that a kind member here sent me. I have now passed it on to another member.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Abyssinian tear-aways.
18-10-2013, 04:15 PM   #3

Toffee suffered the added indignities of a puppy harness.

It worked quite well for us and it is adjustable in all directions from four-five month old kitten to grown cat.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
21-10-2013, 09:19 AM   #4

Nice harnesses Feliss! I love the red paisley one and the spotty one.

I had limited success with harnesses on my persians as they all did a 'sit down and refuse to move' protest at each turn so I gave up. But I had a basic strap-type harness much like the one hreow has pictured; perhaps if they had had a little more actual cradling of the body with the harness they may have preferred it.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Oriental
22-10-2013, 05:53 PM   #5

Loving that pic of toffee! It's good that it's adjustable in all ways, the one I have isn't along the back bit.

My Myszka can get out of the strappy one, so that's why also thinking of getting a different type one, with more support/wrappability.

Let you know how we get on