Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh
03-09-2013, 09:04 PM   #1

A new cat.

As you know we lost 3 of our oldie and poorly cats in the last month. We were hoping to let things settle a little and recover for the upset, however, today we agreed to another cat.
She is 16 years old, arthritic and in need of a dental. We also need her to be blood tested ( not vaccinated) for FIV/ Felv and general organ function. I think the owners are happy to pay for the vaccines and blood tests, they have been trying to find a home but none were forthcoming and they were considering having her PTS.
So at the end if the month another oldie arrives, she very similar to Cally the last arrival who is also a 16 year old, black girl.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
04-09-2013, 08:21 AM   #2

Re: A new cat.

Ahhh 16 is middle aged......and what a lovely thing for you to do why are the owners having to rehome her at that age?

And pictures will be good.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
04-09-2013, 08:47 PM   #3

Bless her, hope she is ok & passes her tests

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh
05-09-2013, 01:05 PM   #4

She used to belong to her 'now' owner's mum, who died. The owner is moving into accommodation that doesn't allow pets. He has been looking for somewhere to take her but due to her age they have said they can't help. He was telling the vet he would rather have her PTS than just give her away without knowing she was going to a good home.
Just out of interest, he apparently told the vet about an organisation where people give a £50 one off payment and the cats are then kept in 'kennels', fed and watered for the rest of their lives- does anybody know anything about this?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
17-09-2013, 01:59 PM   #5

I know Blue Cross and RSPCA are offering a "Home for Life" scheme but I don't know what that entails. Sounds iffy to me.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
17-09-2013, 06:52 PM   #6

it's marvellous that you can take these golden oldies in, don't think i could do it.
We have taken in tuppence who is 17 and it's so hard when they are ill.