Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Felix
15-02-2010, 10:04 PM   #51

Re: Can cats love there owners?

My moggie Lily the one I had before Felix was a moggie and loved to be around me she followed me everywhere like a little lamb it was so sweet. Felix is also the same but sleeps way more than Lily ever did

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Mixed tortoishell
18-12-2010, 10:49 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by JemBob
right had this talk with loads of people...many different views....some people say that a cat doesnt care if it is rehomed because they are so indepented (cant spell it) and they dont't felll love for there owners...

but I have to disagree oscar follows me everywhere always has to sleep under my arm and is wanting cuddles 24/7, and if he does wander off he aint far away for me!

want do you think people??
I think cats do love their owners, my poppy always follows me about,'talks' to me with a variety of noises, purrs and "hmmm's" sleeps near me on our bed, especially if there's a hot water bottle under the duvet! Cats are not just 'animals' they're beautiful, loving and clever.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Domestic shorthair
23-11-2014, 11:02 PM   #53

I don't think cats can love - their brains are too tiny, for one thing. I think they behave in a way which meets their needs and which they know brings them rewards, and we interpret it as love because we want to think it is. I think Pete trusts me, and he knows I'll do the things that meet his needs (feed him, feed him, cuddle him, feed him), and he's quite content to be around me, but it's not love.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 4 moggies and 1 ragdoll
24-11-2014, 12:06 AM   #54

My cats love me, they miss me if I'm not around even if OH is. They come for fuss and purr like mad. Fecto sleeps on my head, Huggins sleeps under my chin, Big Fooze and Swirl sleep at the side of me on the sofa. Chubbiz used to help me with jigsaws and would sit on the Scrabble board without disturbing the letters. He loved me holding his paw which I did when he died. Cats are capable of love just like any animal.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
24-11-2014, 07:14 AM   #55

I totally agree, Fecto's mum. Cats can certainly love their owners, especially if owners spend a lot of time with them.All my colourpoints have had a special bond with me and Snodgrass always looks at me with adoration in his eyes.When I am home, he is never far from me and always sleeps touching me at night. It's a bit of a pain when it's a hot night. My daughter has often said that if Snoddy was a man, he would marry me. !

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
24-11-2014, 11:10 AM   #56

I believe some 'love' you more than others. Pandora uses me, it's strictly cupboard love. She'll purr and head butt but it's all to an end, once she's fed she's off Pearla likes to be sat beside you and smoothed, she's def more tactile, but is easily distracted and can be aloof. Phoebe like human company but not being petted, she can sit in the same room as you for hours but sleeps on a surface where she can keep an eye on you. The only cat that I feel truly loved me was Posh, my persian, we instantly bonded and I could carry her around like a baby. She adored being carried and hand fed and would come to me above anyone, my DH used to get a bit put out about it She slept close to me and when her time came I was distraught, I wanted her to know I was with her to the last; she went blind at the end of her short life with us. I'm filling up now thinking about it but I know she is waiting for me 'up there'

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: American shorthairs
08-12-2014, 11:28 AM   #57

Each cat is different, but most of the cats I known in my life, which is fifteen. Most loved me with all their being.
I had one reborn ferel cat that never cared for me. But maybe she respected me. She loved the rest of the cats living here at that time.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Short-haired cats
17-12-2014, 01:03 AM   #58

Emotions as jealousy are secondary emotions that only animals such as elephants and monkeys have. Cause they are aware of them self. Cats and dogs only have primary emotions, such as fear. At least, that's what scientists say.
In which category would love fit?

I think animals are evolving (is that the right English word?). They have emotions and feel like their instinct makes them feel. We humanize their acts and call it jealousy or hate, or maybe even love.

But I think some animals are capable to feel more or think more than they are supposed to. Do my cats love me? Yes. I have contacted an animal communicator and she told me things only my cats would know, things I never told her. My cats love me. Do they love me only because I'm their can-opener? Who knows, but I don't care.

They miss me when I'm on vacation, they greet me at the door. They snuggle up with me when I'm sick. If that's not love, then I don't know what it is.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Two rescues and one feral
06-09-2015, 04:58 PM   #59

If you could have seen and heard my little cat when she came home after being missing six weeks and indeed could see her just now chinning my hand and crying, you would know cats know what love is and show it. I always knew this with this girl which is why I could not believe she had wandered off willingly. Often she will come and love me for no reason other than sheer love. I will watch and know that it is not for food or for anything but sheer love of me. Deeply thankful she is HOME! alleluia!

Cats owned: 3 American Short , Manx, Munchkin
10-09-2015, 03:01 AM   #60

Just like humans, all very different personalities
Chii-could care less unless the food bowl is empty. But she is an elderly cat. If you swoop down and put her in your arms she purrs like a big baby.
Boo is the perfect lap cat, Stumpy too.
Mr. Foote follows me room to room, you go to the bathroom and guess who pops out of the bath tub?
Ninja and Levon try to be all manly, but they're the first to come running and chirping when I come home.
Of course our cats love us. They just act less needy about it than dogs. When I come in from picking up the mail the dogs act like it's the second coming.