Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
01-07-2023, 04:55 AM   #1

Saturday daily.

Good morning ladies. Saturday afternoon here, nearly 3pm and surprise, surprise, it's not raining. There's actually a bit of sun , although there's no warmth in it.. Boy, I'm so glad it's nearly the end of this week - my whole week has been awful. !!! Let's just say everything that could have gone wrong has gone wrong. First of all, a parcel that i sent overseas has just been returned to me as I hadn't addressed it correctly; then i washed my hair with shower gel instead of shampoo and it took me ages to get it all out; then another parcel with '3 boxes of handmade chocolates that i purchased off trademe for my sister's, my cousin's and Brenna's birthdays has gone missing in the mail and the courier company don't know where it is,. and finally i had a big row with my sister, whose birthday is tomorrow. She called round this afternoon and we've sort of made up now and she said she'd come round for her presents tomorrow. Janna's gone down to the mall to try and buy her some fudge to replace the chocolates that she knew she was getting, so I only hope that she's satisfied with that. The lady who makes the chocolates lives in the North island and is happy to replace them if the parcel can't be found, but it won't be in time for the birthdays unfortunately. Oh yes, my house rates and house insurance is all going up in August and that makes me so mad as well. OK, that's my ranting over for the day !!!

Now for some good news, my MRI didn't show up anything sinister on my brain but the doctor wants be to have a CT scan now. I thought an MRI was a CT scan, but evidently not. I'm going to wait for a while as I really didn't like that MRI much and if i have to go into a tunnel again for a CT scan, then I'd rather not.

Janna has finally managed to get some shifts at work for the week starting 17th July. The place has closed down until then for the school holidays, which isn't ideal for the employees. She changed her availability hours on the app and has been offered a couple of shifts from 5:30pm-2:am. She will have to get an Uber home but she says she's happy to do that. if she doesn't take these shifts, then there is very little day time shifts available. It's a shame as she really likes the job and it's given her a bit of confidence. I'm absolutely terrified of being here on my own throughout the night, but i wouldn't say anything to Janna. If Willow was here ,I'd be fine. It's only since I've lost her, that I'm really afraid at night. I'll make sure not to read /watch anything scary around that time and I'll just sit up in the lounge with all the lights on until she gets home.

My cousin is meant to be coming round tomorrow as well. It's not her birthday until 23rd July so I don't need to wrap up her presents yet. I've wrapped up my sister's presents but still have to write in her cards. Chicken and pasta for tea tonight. I've just munched through a whole packet of potato chips so I'm not really hungry. I should go out for a walk really ,but can't be bothered.

PAMELA, how are you, my friend ? I suppose you're working hard and I hope you've found a bit of time to relax.Have you heard anything from Search and Rescue yet ? I do so hope that they accept Robyn into some kind of training course., especially as she's so keen on that kind of work and so eager to learn it. I hope your dad is continuing to improve and is keeping out of hospital. It's a good place to avoid. You'll be looking forward to the weekend and i hope the weather is good so you both can get out on those new bikes to somewhere nice.

SHELLEY, how is the flooding going ? Hopefully the dolls room has dried out a bit now and the weather has been good for you so you can open a few windows in there and air out the room. Did you decide to move your whole collection or were you able to avoid it ? I hope your very special book about your Great Aunt and the corresponding doll are safe in the house away from any dampness. How devastating if anything happened to those (or indeed any of your precious collection).I hope your dad and Reuben are doing well and that Kwame and Malaika are enjoying the better weather.

Janna has just returned with some caramel fudge so I'm saved. !!! I'll go and wrap it up now and write on those cards.

Have a fantastic weekend Pamela and Shelley and hope the sun shines for you both.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
01-07-2023, 11:31 AM   #2

Re: Saturday daily.

Hello ladies just catching up with your news.
The doll room is ok ish, we aren't sure whether the problem is cured or not.
Fortunately it is the sub floor that flooded so carpet dry.
I am looking to move the collection upstairs, will be a big task as the room is full of stuff, that needs clearing, decorating and carpeting.
Off to a doll club meeting today, vant wait to see everyone.
Dinky, glad your mri results are fine.
Sorry you are having a bad time and feeling angry, i know the feeling and itscrather wearing.
People really whiz me off.
Pamela, hows it going?
Any rides planned and have you heard from search and rescue, yet?