Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
25-06-2023, 06:08 AM   #1

Cold Sunday.

Good morning ladies,
Sunday 4:30pm here and it's been a cold day but no rain yet. I hung some washing out this morning but it still feels damp, so into the dryer it goes.I've been really angry over the last few days due to the fact that the feral cat hunt for children 14 years and under is on again. The previous one the authorities had to cancel as there was too much backlash. These kids get $5.00 for every feral cat they shoot. It's been on since Friday and finishes tonight. It's being held in rural South Canterbury. i hate guns and I also hate the idea of letting children use them for killing defenseless animals. I know that feral cats are a problem and they destroy our native birds ,but there are more humane ways to control their numbers. I've honestly felt sick about it all weekend. Little wonder that NZ has so much violence among its young people today. Anyway, I'll get off this topic as it makes me so angry !!!

My cats are all OK but Snoddy is feeling the cold a bit today. He's been sleeping on my bed most of the time. Last night ,he wanted to go outside but I brought him in after a few minutes as it was trying to rain. He feels warm to the touch and isn't shivering so I guess he's OK. In hindsight, I probably should have waited to have him shaved until it was a bit warmer.

I went to the doctor last week but my own doctor was away and so i saw a locum just to get a repeat on my prescription. No results yet on my MRI, so hopefully this week. I didn't go out to Brenna's yesterday as both she and Jarred were home with the children and Oren gets terribly distressed when I leave. He's now spending most of his time barricaded in his room and he even locks the door and won't unlock it for his parents. I personally would not allow that and i suggested that they remove the lock altogether.. I hope they do.

Janna is OK. There is no work at Te Pae next week unfortunately as things have gone very quiet over the school holiday period. Hopefully she and the others will get some shifts the following week. We're just going to have soup for tea tonight. Had apricot chicken last night which was delicious but i gave the rest to my sister for her tea tonight. I probably should have kept it.

PAMELA, I'm so pleased that your dad is feeling much better. It's a shame your sister is now feeling unwell though. It's good that you saw your dad on father's Day ,even if you couldn't go out for a meal with him. Hopefully you and your sister will be able to have that meal with him soon. Gosh, Pamela, you must have been tired yesterday, getting up so early. I hope you managed to get to bed a bit earlier last night and get a bit of rest.. I hope the pups and kitties are all doing well. They won't be enjoying the drizzle though, after all the nice weather you've been having.

SHELLEY, I'm so sorry that you've had flooding in your house and that the carpets in the dolls room got damp. Yes, I know what wet carpet smells like and it takes forever to dry out as well. Even now ,our old lounge carpet feels damp, despite having all those big fans going on it day and night. Thank goodness Howard was able to plug up the bottom part of the outside vents. If I was you, I'd definitely move the dolls upstairs just to be on the safe side. it would be tragic if anything happened to your precious collection, Shelley. Hope you and the pups are well and happy and that your dad and Reuben are also well.

Well ladies, I'm off to put that washing into the dryer for a bit and heat up our soup.

Have a great Sunday Pamela and Shelley and hope the sun shines for you both today.