Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
19-06-2023, 07:20 AM   #1

Rainy Monday.

Good morning ladies,
Monday 5.30pm here and it's very dark and rainy outside. Still no flooding though. It's meant to be wet tomorrow as well and I've got a whole washing machine full of washing to do, unfortunately. I think I'll leave it until Wednesday I've got to go to my doctor to get the results of my MRI on Wednesday I really think it'll be OK though. Young Oren has now been enrolled at The Correspondence School, through the psych services. He won't go to school at all , but seems to be looking forward to receiving some school work from .Wellington. Brenna's dog ,Stanley has finally got over his ear problems and for the time being, he doesn't need surgery. Brenna will never put him back into those kennels again anyway.

The cat groomer, Sophie, came last week and she is a really lovely person. She sat for 10 minutes in the lounge just talking to the cats who were all hiding behind the couch, but they wouldn't come near her. She gave sanitary cuts to Freddie ,Miracle and Betsey and she did a full groom on Snoddy who spat and hissed and growled the whole time. He was dreadful, but she was very nice to him. Poor Snoddy doesn't have much fur left, but at least he doesn't have any matts on him now. He spent the rest of the day sulking on my bed but he's OK now. Luckily, the weather has been so wet, that none of the cats have wanted to go outside in the evening. I wouldn't have been able to take Snoddy out anyway as I'm terrified of him getting a chill. He lies up close to my head all night so he is nice and warm.

Tomorrow, Janna and me are going grocery shopping. She's currently at work but is off tomorrow. I've got my sister, Brenna and my cousin all having birthdays next month, so I'm going to buy all three of them a box of soap each, as well as a few other things. I've got my sister a Steiff goat and I've seen a notebook with "I Love Goats" on the cover, so may get her that, as well as some nice hand cream and body lotion. My cousin and Brenna are hard to buy for and I really haven't got any clues about what to get them. I hate having to buy things at the last minute. Gosh I sound so organized, don't I? In reality I am so disorganized.

Not sure what to have for tea tonight. Janna doesn't finish work until 7pm and so won't be home until around 8pm. I will see if she wants a pizza from Hell Pizza, as I can't be bothered cooking anything. We haven't really got much left in the freezer anyway.

PAMELA, how is your dad now ? I'm assuming that he's now out of hospital if you were able to have a Chinese lunch with him last week. I hope he enjoyed it and is now feeling much better. healthwise. It sounds as if you and Steven had a great week last week and the lovely weather was an added bonus. It must have felt great to get out on your new bikes and head off to Oban for the day. We used to have Mr Whippy vans here ,but they don't seem to be around any more., not even in summer. Their snow freezes are so yummy, aren't they ? Wow, you must be really enjoying that garden of yours. How super to be able to sit out there in the evening and eating around the firepit. Great news about Robyn perhaps getting into Search and Rescue. Yes, she would be perfect. I hope you hear back from them soon and Robyn is able to start the training.I hope you didn't get thunderstorms last week. Poor Mia. She doesn't deserve to be scared.

SHELLEY, I'm glad you're getting some lovely weather as well. It is nice sitting out in the sun, but it's easy to get too hot and you don't want to get sunburnt. I'm pleased you decided to sit in the shade and read. How are the pups coping with the heat ? I should imagine they would enjoy it, as they are from Africa, aren't they ? I could be wrong though. My cats hate the heat. Willow couldn't cope with it either. I hope your dad and Reuben had a great time at the van and also got some decent weather.

Well ladies, I'm off to await the return of Janna and see what she fancies for tea.
Have a great Monday Pamela and Shelley. Hope you both have a good day, and don't work too hard.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
19-06-2023, 07:49 AM   #2

Re: Rainy Monday.

Morning ladies, thought I would send a reply as I’m on my way to the office �� can’t believe my 2 weeks off are over already!! It’s rainy here today as well. We had just went to bed last night and Mia was jumping at the kitchen door when the rain came down really heavy. I think she got a fright so we had them up with us for a while then back to the kitchen around 130am as Robyn decided to try play with Skye!!

Dinky sounds like an expensive month for you!! My October is the same. Glad you managed to get the cats groomed. The groomer sounds lovely especially taking the time to speak to the kitties and try gain their trust!

Pizza for dinner sounds good. We had takeaway last night but have got dinners in for the rest of the week. Trying to be good now!! Please let us know how your results go.

Shelley how is the weather where you are? Have you had thunder storms? We have managed to miss them thankfully. How are your pups with the thunder?

Dad is out of hospital. Didn’t get for lunch as my sister wasn’t feeling well but that’s a story for another day. I think she was just being awkward tbh. I went to see dad yesterday as it was Father’s Day. Dad stilll isn’t right but much better than before.

I better go as nearly at the station. Have a good day ladies ��