Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
13-06-2023, 06:52 AM   #1

Tuesday daily.

Good morning ladies,
Sorry i haven't been posting for the last week, as I've been staying out at Brenna's for a few days to be with the children. Jared was offered a short term job working with a major computer network and Brenna had to work, so it was down to me. Janna stayed home with the cats. The groomer was meant to come last Friday but had to cancel as one of her baby poodles got its foot caught in the dog crate and broke it badly, poor wee thing. She was going to come today, but that was no good for me as I was having my MRI today, so now it's all on for tomorrow. My cats will not be happy.

It's been raining today but not heavily. It's also getting very cold at night I'm finding. Gosh, I just about froze at Brenna's place. She's got underfloor heating, 2 heat pumps and a gas fireplace and still I was cold. !! I was running around with a couple of hot water bottles to try and warm up. Luckily Oren behaved himself for me and there were no major dramas.

Janna's mouth is feeling a lot better now. The stitches have dissolved and her bruising is gone, well almost gone. She's working tomorrow ,starting at 7am so that means she'll have a long walk to the bus at 6am and I'll have to go with her as it's too dangerous. I'll go to the interchange with her and then catch a bus home again. The groomer isn't coming until 11am.

I had my MRI today at 11am. I was terrified but the staff were lovely. I was asked what music I wanted to listen to, and what video I wanted to watch. Naturally I chose Queen and watched a video of Raratonga on a screen ahead of me. - no sound. The whole thing was uncomfortable as my head and shoulders were completely immobilized for the hour it took. It was also EXTREMELY loud at times and I couldn't hear poor Freddie Mercury a lot of the time. I did have to wear ear plugs. However it wasn't painful and I did have an emergency button to press if it got too much. I doubt if you would be able to have it done if you suffered from claustrophobia though. Let's say I'm glad it's over. Haven't got the results yet - probably Thursday- but my doctor feels that there is nothing sinister going on inside my head.

PAMELA, it sounds as if you had a super time at Blackpool and thank goodness you had nice weather. I'm sorry that you had to come home a bit earlier but you had to be there for your dad. How is he now ? I do hope the doctors have got to the bottom of his illness and can do something to help him. He really has had a terrible time lately, hasn't he ? No one deserves that. I've been keeping him in my prayers and others in my prayer group have been praying for him too. Have the doctors suggested that he might have Long Covid at all and this is the cause of his symptoms ? Anyway ,I'm hoping that he is now out of hospital and feeling a bit better. Poor you. You must be so worried about your dad. It' good that you've got a bit of time off work at the moment. Hope Robyn and Mia enjoyed their wee holiday as well and were both good girls.

SHELLEY,I'm so pleased that you had a great time in Scotland and like Pamela, enjoyed some super weather and were able to get into the sea. I'm like you - I wouldn't go on a roller coaster either. I like my feet on the ground. I hope your dad and Reuben are enjoying their time at the van now. Reuben will soon get his bearings once he has a good sniff round I'm glad Chris got on OK at his cardio appointment and no treatment was needed. That's a load off your mind. How was your carboot sale at the weekend ? Did you find any good bargains to buy or were you selling items ? I bought a Steiff goat yesterday on trademe, with huge curved horns. It's for my sister for her birthday. My sister ADORES goats. I also bought a chicken cushion for Janna for her birthday. It's not a Steiff, but it's quite nice. Both toys are second hand but they're in good condition. Hope the pups are doing well.

Well ladies, I'm off to get some tea. - vegetable quiche tonight. Cats didn't want to go out as it's too cold. Janna has gone to Animates pet store to get cat food and a big bag of bird seed but she'll be back shortly.

Have a good Tuesday Pamela and Shelley I'll let you know how my cats go tomorrow.