Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Tiger and Lester
20-10-2011, 12:46 PM   #11

Re: TalkTalk and AOL Broadband billing rant!!!!

Elaine, I would put a complaint in to ofcom as talk talk have been fined a large amount recently for overcharging their customers being warned and then failing to sort the issue. I wouldn't put yourself through anymore stress and probably expense calling them.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
20-10-2011, 04:50 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalkTalkSupport
HI Elaine,

Im sorry to hear about the problems you have experienced. I am an Online Community Executive with TalkTalk. We provide online support and assistance to customers who post online regarding issues with their TalkTalk Services.

With respect to your issues the reason for differing amounts each month is reflective of different usage. The DD will vary depending how many or few calls are made outside of the tariff.

We will need to look into this in more detail. We operate an Online forum to provide account support should you wish to use this as an alternative to telephony support that we offer to customers whom we engage with online. Your free to join the TalkTalk Members Forum and post the details fo your issue should you wish and our dedicated OCE will assist in any way we can.

Regards

Mark
TalkTalk Online Community Executive
TalkTalk Online Community Department
TalkTalkplc
Thankyou for your response but the issue is with the AOL Broadband, which I am pretty sure when my father signed up it was £19 per month and not £23 and certainly not £49 or £51 every other month.
I have discussed the issue 10 times now with your telephony "support" (a word which is used loosly as there was no support) and am utterly apalled at the way it wasnt dealt with and am even more angered by the persistence of the chap on the second last call to try to get us to stay with TalkTalk, didnt offer anything just kept insisting that we were like family to him. Crazy behaviour.
Anyway, we ARE putting all of this in writting complete with copies of the bank statements to Ofcom as the whole thing was an absolute disgrace.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Birman.
21-10-2011, 10:03 AM   #13

Elaine Talk Talk are AWFUL!! And I give credit where credit's due, but this company are so far up their own a****, they treated me really badly when I was with them.

I also had a problem with them taking an unusually large amount from my account one month by DD. They just couldn't and wouldn't explain it. I eventually received the usual standard wordplay from them in a similar correspondance to yours when I took it higher, and ONLY when I took it higher, but it still was never sorted, they just totally blanked the whole scenario like it never happened after the initial correspondance. I have never dealt with a company so arrogant. They really don't care, Talk Talk Talk Talk is just that, all talk! Needless to say I left them for a better provider.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: DSH
Stephan is Male
21-10-2011, 10:52 AM   #14

I used to be with AOHell-nobody would recognise my account or phone number even though they took the money every month.

They even set the debt collectors on us after I had cancelled the account. As Jenny was not long out of hospital and undergoing radiotherapy 5 days a week we just paid up to be rid of them.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 2 BEAUTIFULL CATS!! BEAU AND JOY
JMPARK is Male
21-10-2011, 11:59 AM   #15

Ho Elaine!
Go Straight To Offcom Anyway! These People , As Bt , Have Already Said, Have Been Find, And The More People Who Complain About Them The Better.
If You Don't Get The Mac Number Within The Next Few Days, Then You Really Should Go To Them (ofcom)
They Should Also Refund You The Money Already Paid To Them, As You Havn't Received Your Broadband To Start With!
Ime With Sky And athough Not The Fastest They Have Always Helped Me Whenever I Have Had A Problem.
Good Luck

Catsey Senior

21-10-2011, 03:10 PM   #16

Elaine this has all the makings of a valid warning to all to be aired on BBC's Watchdog..AOL are acting above the law on several counts and they need to be exposed. I'm PM'ing you..

Cats owned: moggie
TalkTalkSupport is Male
21-10-2011, 03:11 PM   #17

HI Elaine,

I can certainly appreciate the frustration this issue may have caused. The TT Members Forum are actually equipped to handle both AOL and TalkTalk queries (the OCE are multi-brand skilled in order to provide as much support to TalkTalk Group customers as possible) via the forum so we are still able to help.

With regards errorneous bills you should always be presented a bill breaking down the charges and the reasons for this. Your entitled to dispute any bills you wish and these will be investigated.

If you regster on the TalkTalk Members Forum we can look into this in more depth and provide you assistance and support. We can also provide feedback to any telephony support teams you may have experienced issues with.

Regards

Mark
TalKTalk Online Community Executive
TalkTalk Online Community Department

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh called pip!
21-10-2011, 07:21 PM   #18

eh???

Catsey Senior

21-10-2011, 10:15 PM   #19

Lynz what Talk Talk are basically saying is get in touch with us again but you must get in touch with us the way WE ask you in order to get things sorted (classic stalling technique) which they have no intention of sorting anyway because they would have done this when Elaine tried countless times to have a reasonable and constructive conversation with them and then they'll take her round in circles again. In a nutshell.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
21-10-2011, 10:17 PM   #20

Which is why I will just be going to Ofcom with all of this instead.