Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
25-11-2010, 03:13 AM   #1

Coat change/colour

When we first got Amber her coat was thick and quite coarse. It also looked dull and "dusty" especially around her head if that makes sense.

With proper nutrition, grooming [lol when she allows it] and generally being pampered by two foots and canine 4 foots she has come into her own.

We have noticed that the coat feels much softer, still thick, beginning to get a soft sheen, but she is no longer a dull grey colour - at the rescue they said she was a silver tabbly. Her coat has taken on a decided blue colour, I thought this was happening before but its actually fact now.

Has anyone else ever seen this happen?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
25-11-2010, 04:41 PM   #2

Re: Coat change/colour

I do think that colours can strengthen or fade as a cat grows up. Pip's orange kitten colouring has darkened to a gorgeous red/gold and I don't think "ginger" ever really suited his colouring.

The change in coat texture as you rightly say is due to better nutrition and grooming. I can always tell if my two are feeling good and happy when their coats go really silky! Well done. I think we need new photos of Amber so we can see how well she is looking now!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
25-11-2010, 05:32 PM   #3

Re: Coat change/colour

I second the pic request!