Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
30-03-2010, 12:34 PM   #11

Re: Hippus been spayed but....

How's Hippus? I suspect if the wound is holding it will continue to do so, but hopefully you've had a chance to chat with the vet by now and have got some advice off them.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: 2 moggies = DLH and DMH
30-03-2010, 02:13 PM   #12

hope that Hippus is doing ok... the stitches that she's removed would obviously be the external ones... there would more than likely be some internal ones as well which would be self dissolving...im sure that if the external suture line is nice and clean... ie not moist, bloody or inflamed the vet will say she's fine

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 19 Persians, 2 Oriental SHs
30-03-2010, 11:31 PM   #13

I would definitely check with your vets as the stitches usually have to be in for 10 days.

They do hate the dreaded lampshade don't they. Phoebe has just had hers off after three weeks. She is still sulking!!!

Banned

Cats owned: tortashell female
02-04-2010, 12:01 PM   #14

This cat is going to be the death of me im sure,

Right i called the vets and explained what had happened (just pulled them out basicly) they said as long as its healing non of it is open, wet, bloody etc and not red then she should be ok to leave but still take her on sat "remove stitches date haha" so they can check her any probs take back sooner.
Well so far so good its all healed perfect so soon.
BUT how long before she can go out, only reason im asking now is my son (4yr old) ran out the front door and didnt close it behind him (there was a duck on the front so he had to feed it lol) next thing i know baby shouting no door and the cat is out. Ive tried to get her back in but she wont let me get close enough to her, shes been around the back of the house and into the garden she looked at the window but as soon as she came in the back door she ran again. Now i cant find her. Shes never been out while we have lived here only when she escaped b4 her op.
Will she be ok or should i be out searching for her??? We have to go out at 1.30 im thinking of putting her bed and some food in the shed so she can stay in there if she comes home. Like i said this is the 1st time shes been out since op and only been out for an hour before her op.

Thanks everyone

Right the cat has just come back through the window, window now closed do i keep her in or is she ok to go out agian ?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
02-04-2010, 04:00 PM   #15

Wow, quite an episode! Glad she came back, I would definitely keep her in!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
02-04-2010, 04:00 PM   #16

I'd keep her in just a little bit longer - just to make sure everything is healing as it should. That way you can be 100% certain that when she goes out nothing untoward will happen.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
02-04-2010, 04:06 PM   #17

I would definitely keep her in until you get the all clear from the vet .......

Banned

02-04-2010, 10:30 PM   #18

Thanks, when she came back in she did everything poss to get out again even clawing at the window in the kitchen (front of house) i have just got home usualy she will move from the frontdoor as we come in cos baby will chase her but no not tonight she tried to get out again, even throwing the keys towards her to make her move away so i could get in didnt work (not aimed at her just so would bang on floor) but thats it untill tomorrow.

Here was me thinking cats were easier than dogs LOL

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
02-04-2010, 10:42 PM   #19

She really wants out! Good luck keeping her in.....

Banned

02-04-2010, 10:51 PM   #20

Yes she does but at least she will come back, i think the problem is since i have had her (Aug) she hasnt been out apart from when she escapes and before she found me she was a cat to be out all the time hence why she got pregnant with last owners.

Oh her character has changed since her op, is this normal??? Shes even more friendly and likes cuddles more she is sat on my knee purring at me im not even touching her hahaha