Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
07-11-2010, 01:22 PM   #1

Started off not good Sunday

Not the best of mornings for me, have a soar throat and an argument
Tom has got clumps of fur on his back near his tail and is almost impossible to groom due to some perculiar sensitivity both cats have.
Just tried to untangle him and he ends up rolling over, kicking his legs and growling, both of them do this if touched on their lower backs Looks like a fit but i know it's not and the vet can't shed any light onto the behaviour either.
Still onwards and upwards maybe the day will get better.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
07-11-2010, 01:52 PM   #2

Re: Started off not good Sunday

Hope your day gets better Shelley!

It's a smelly Sunday here, I'm pickling onions and the smell of vinegar is everywhere in spite of having doors open and the kitchen fan going. I'm not sure why I'm bothering actually, I can buy pickled onions more cheaply

It's beautifully sunny here and the big oak tree at the end of the road which I can see from my sofa is lit up by the sun and is a beautiful golden rust colour, soon be bare though

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
07-11-2010, 02:06 PM   #3

Hope your day improves, Shelly.

Mrs H, I'm sure you could buy the pickled onions more cheaply, but I bet they wouldn't taste so good!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
07-11-2010, 02:18 PM   #4

Afternoon all, shorry to hear that you feel unwell Shelly

Was doing to make some large cupcakes - made the sponge and all cooked to then realise I do not have enough icing sugar to ice them, so they are going to be naked cupcakes! LOL

Cleaned a few of my kitchen cupboards and had a bit of a tidy up in the kitchen.

Whole chicken is in the slow cooker - hopefully it will be nice, going to have it with some roasted potatoes and veg later.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
07-11-2010, 02:22 PM   #5

Sunday started off well for me, weather bright and sunny, got a few washing loads ready. It's clouded over now, and gone very cold, I've turned the central heating timer to constant in the daytime and off between 10pm and 6am.

Pickling onions I remember my mam doing those for the church bazaar which was always held in November. Huge jars full in the kitchen and the smell... what a pong! the special crunch that comes from homemade pickles can't be beat. Carry on Mrs H.

Shelley, chin up kid, I'm sure Tom's knotty problem can wait until you're in the mood.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
07-11-2010, 02:41 PM   #6

I agree with Kim,bet those homemade pickled onions are good MrsH,much better than bought ones.
Naked cupcakes, Emma, bet they're still tasty
PP still trying to manage without central heating during the day but it's a bit miserable.
Chicken for tea for the carnivores, don't know what i'll have yet, i just enjoy the veg and stuffing.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
07-11-2010, 02:41 PM   #7

Hi everyone! Sorry you're not feeling well Shelley - sore throats are horrid and make everything else seem so much worse.

Pickled onions! We made a jar last year and they are still in the cupboard untouched. My mum used to make dynamite pickled onions - they could blow your socks off. I used to love them, especially with fish and chips but all of a sudden they started to disagree with me and I can't eat them any more.

I have planted another potful of tulips, assisted by Harley. OH has taken some new photos of him this morning in the sunshine and he is looking really handsome (Harley and OH both!). I will post a thread if they are any good.

Bad weather is forecast for tonight with gale force winds - keep warm, dry and safe everyone.

Sorry, I meant to say - I like the idea of naked cupcakes! What about a bit of creme fraiche and a small dollop of jam on top?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
07-11-2010, 02:55 PM   #8

No creme fraiche here either!! LOL I did flavour them with Valencia Orange Escence so they should be nice.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh called pip!
07-11-2010, 04:50 PM   #9

hi all! not feeling great over here either! slept in too late and woke up with the same headache i tried to get rid of last night!
think one of my ratties has pyometra its the closed kind i think, or perhaps a tumour, parts of her belly are hard and shes a bit less active. i've got her on anti biotics and will be phoning the vets first thing tomorrow!
there is a local fireworks display on tonight so im gonna go along to that and try and have fun for a few hours, but il still be worrying!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
07-11-2010, 05:16 PM   #10

Sunny but quite chilly still, below normal all month so far: 5 C (42 F). Trees beginning to color a bit. We've still not had a frost yet in the City so the growing season is still active: picked a lot of hot chilis yesterday and dug one potato I'd missed earlier, woo hoo! No errands so a long lie-in with the extra hours sleep because of the time change back to standard ... 5 hours behind the UK again.

Leia is such a good girl, waited patiently for her late breakfast! Shelley, lynz, sorry you're not feeling well, take care. MrsH, the onions sound yummy; never made them but did recently make some hot pickled cauliflower. Angie, hope the pics came out well. Emma, a little honey on the cupcakes ? ... a bit messy maybe but would taste nice! Hope rattie will be OK...

Enjoy the day, all.