Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
07-10-2008, 07:55 AM   #1

Daily thread - Tuesday

Welcome to a wet and dismal Tuesday. It's nearly 8 and it's still quite dark. Yuk.
No plans for today - I shall potter around thinking of pre-packing etc and there is an Allotment Soc meeting tonight but I don't think life gets more exciting than that. Who knows though - maybe the postman will bring something exciting, or emails? Well, I can live in hope!

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: None
07-10-2008, 09:27 AM   #2

Re: Daily thread - Tuesday

I hear you on the wet and dismal, DM. It's pouring down here, thankfully I planned ahead and brought a spare pair of socks to work I've learnt from my previous mistakes!

Feeling a little bit head-cold-ish. Had a sore throat y'day which has gone but now quite blocked up with achey teeth, quite sinusey. Also, no caffeine allowed on my new and improved diet after going to my Food Intolerance Test so finding it hard to wake up this morning!

Best get on with work. Have a great day everyone!

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
07-10-2008, 10:36 AM   #3

Morning all, wet and miserable here also......just the weather for getting on with the ironing

Not a lot planned here today but I'm sure I'll find some odd jobs that need doing!

Stay dry, have a lovely day!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
07-10-2008, 11:22 AM   #4

Morning DM, meep, Mags!

Where are you going for your holiday DM???? (Sorry if I've missed and you've said before!)

What did you have for breakfast meep? I really recommend fruit porridge - porridge made as normal but with fruit juice (apple or cranberry works well) instead of water and/or milk.

It is pouring here now but Merlin and I were lucky bunnies and got to the vet and back before the rain started.

I do hope that those who were not feeling well yesterday are feeling better today.

Have a good day and try to keep dry!

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: None
07-10-2008, 11:30 AM   #5

Morning Angie! So pleased to hear about Merlin, glad he's having a wee snooze now (on your other thread).

For breakfast I had Oatiflakes. OH loves them, and I had planned to have porridge but was running late, so checked ingredients and they have no wheat! Only Oats and one other grain. So that's good to know

I'm intrigued at the idea of fruit porridge, I will try that, probably at the weekend! I do love porridge, especially with honey and a bit of dried fruit

I've noticed since starting this slightly changed diet yesterday afternoon that I've not once felt 'stuffed' and get hungry a lot easier. I guess bread and pasta are both so filling and stodgy, and eating them a lot would make me feel very, maybe overly, full. So I think it's a good thing! Just need to ignore the feeling of hunger till lunch time

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
07-10-2008, 11:33 AM   #6

I think that if you can find something appropriate meep, a mid-morning snack would do you good, especially as you said about your blood sugar levels yesterday. If I were you I'd not let myself get too hungry!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggy
07-10-2008, 11:46 AM   #7

Morning All,
Horrible,horrible day here today!!!
Had to pop to the doctors this morning for something,asked about my throat while I was there, I have Laryngitis, great!!! I didnt know but while my was Doctor was looking at my notes, she said that it could be connected to all the gastro problems I have, I didnt realise stomach/bowel problems could cause so many other problems. Anyway my glands are slightly swallen and I have a slight temp, so I just have to take paracetamol and gargle this Diflam mouth gargle thing for the sore throat and go back down in a week if its not improved, I thought having my tonsils out would have gotten rid of all my throat problems

Sorry your still feeling unwell Meep,hope you start to feel better soon.
Not much planned for the rest of the day,think im just going to stay in and chill out for the rest of the day.

Have a good day everyone

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
07-10-2008, 11:50 AM   #8

Not long back from the docs. Seems I have mild pleurisy Doctor can't tell whether it's bacterial or viral so has given me some brutal-looking anti-biotics which I must take. Myshka and Balie and both buzzing around making a fuss of me and Fifi is studiously ignoring me as usual!!

Meep, I've dug out an old favourites link to a gluten-free products website (includes dairy-free foods too). So even if you don't actually purchase online it will give you an idea of the variety of wheat-substitute foods that are around.

I'll post it in your food intollerance thread.

Right, I'm off for a bit of a lie-down . . .

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggy
07-10-2008, 11:53 AM   #9

Ouch Yola, I have had pleurisy a couple of times,not nice. Hope the antibiotics work and you feel better real soon xxx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
07-10-2008, 12:01 PM   #10

Morning ladies....just....We have pouring rain here too, nothing planned, hoping to get the dogs out between showers, otherwise will have a very unhappy Mollie....
I hate this time of year!!!!
Have a good day all, and stay dry....

Everyone who is poorly hope you start feeling better soon....