Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
03-10-2008, 08:10 AM   #1

Daily thread - Friday

Popped on quickly to start today's chat. Am off for early appointments for hair cut/colour and leg wax. Hair! It's just a pain isn't it? Wouldn't it be great if we were like our cats - hair all over which stops growing at an inch or two. No cutting that which keeps growing, no ripping or chemical-ing off hair in places we think it shouldn't be.

Maybe that's a theme for a thread - if you had fur, what length and what colour would you chose! And on that thought - au revoir, keep warm!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggy
03-10-2008, 08:21 AM   #2

Re: Daily thread - Friday

Morning DM,morning all

DM I LOVE having my hair done,like Yola its my one little luxury that I would be without. Just lay back and enjoy the pampering

Lovely morning here, just getting ready to head off to work, hopefully the sun will shine all day so I can get my service user out for the day.

Hope everyone has a good day

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
03-10-2008, 09:17 AM   #3

I have both boys at home today - Sebi's usual day with me but Dominik has been really under the weather most evening this week; not wanting to be left alone in bed, upset tummy and very tired. Last night he was in bed by 6pm and woke today at 7.30!! I think he's stressed and over-tired by the upping of the learning pace at school so a restful day at home is what he's going to have. I suspect mine won't be as restful

Not much planned, I have to run into town as I've seen a pair of boots I like . . . not sure if I'll get a chance to look at the Dr Hauschka stuff with both boys in tow . . . we'll see.

Fifi has the runs, I think it might be the addition of the new Burns natural biscuits I've introduced into their diet. She's been on Royal Canin all her life so maybe the change isn't for the best. She also seems to be loosing weight rapidly . . . will keep and eye on her and whiz her off to the vet if it continues.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: sadly 1 boy now :(
03-10-2008, 09:20 AM   #4

morning all. yep i love having my hair done. got a talented daughter
i just sit there with my eyes shut and relax.
i was up early (for me) waitng for a plumber. our hot water pressure in the bathroom is rubbish, so got the council chappy to come out.
8-12 so whats the betting he will be here 11-45 LOL i really should get into town.
oh well have a good day all.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: None
03-10-2008, 09:45 AM   #5

Morning all!

Enjoy the hair appointment DM I'm with you all on that one, love getting my hair done. Admittedly it never looks great when I come out the salon as hte products they have don't work well on my curly hair and make it poofy, but the colour always looks amazing and the next time I wash it the curls are just beautiful I've got myself a hair appointment booked for next Saturday, can't wait!

Yola, hope Dominik perks up, and you have a good day with the two of them. And hopefully you may get a look at Dr H. but personally if I go shopping for me I like to be alone, as I can take forever ooo-ing and ahh-ing over all the products and talking to the sales rep. I've got my own 'boy' who's 24 and he still gets bored and goes off in a huff if I take him shopping with me

Boys mum, good luck with the plumber! I hate when any contractor gives you a period of time, British Gas are the worse "between 9 and 6" hopefully the pluber will show up soon!

It's a gorgeous fresh day here, really sunny and crisp again. There was actually frost on some cars this morning though! I'm off to Edinburgh later today for a meeting, which will make the day go nice and quicly. And it's the weekend Going curtain shopping tomorrow! Actually quite excited by this

Have a great day everyone!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
03-10-2008, 10:02 AM   #6

Just a quick hello from me this morning! I have to get back to the books later and have to clean veg for this evening etc. TIME IS THE ENEMY! Going to the study afternoon at 11:30.
bye de bye for now

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
03-10-2008, 10:31 AM   #7

Hiya all

Off work went to the Doctors yesterday and seems I have a bout of lymphedema. Which means a trip to see the therapist a nice man who does sort of phsio on my arm and lymph system.
This is my first bout of this since my surgery a couple of years ago. But have to say it is "painful" with a small p but very inconvinient, and irritating.
As my arm is warm they think I may have an infection - which has gutted me as I am careful. But I wonder if its down to my cold? no one seems to really know.

Anyhow have decided I may have lymphedema but it does not have me. What doe the words of the song say "its a wonderful world" and it is the sun is shinning and I am going to buy a new sofa.

Anyhow enough about me

DM hope you enjoy your pampering.
Erin have a good day at work sun is shinning here.
Yola as always try to get through the day without major disasters like the idea of the boots.
Bm hope the workmen get there soon.
Meep have a good day where are you going curtain shopping?
PP Time is on your side...you just need to beat it into submission....and when you find out how let me know.

Have a good day all.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
03-10-2008, 12:06 PM   #8

Hi everyone, lovely sunny morning here and a nice crispness in the air...

Did a big trolley shop at Sainsbury's, the shelves looked quite empty so I don't know if they are having problems with the distributors Saying that they appear to be adding more and more Christmas goods each day now..

Kazz
, I'm sorry to hear of your bout of lymphedema, I hope it can be sorted out quickly for you. Maybe your cold is connected with it as your system does tend to be at its lowest then.. Lots of healing vibes to you....hugs.

DM
, hope you enjoyed your pampering, I had my hair appoinrment yesterday.

Yola
, I hope Domi feels better soon .......... and good luck with the new boots!

BM, hope your plumbing is now sorted!

Enjoy your day everyone..

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
03-10-2008, 12:23 PM   #9

Afternoon all, I have my hair appointment next Wed, and like Erin love having it done....
We have sun and very strong winds, with the occasional hailstone shower..not at all warm....
got a few household chores to do, then dog walking, then a trolley dash!!!

Kazz....Hope you feel better soon, healing vibes coming your way...x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
03-10-2008, 02:56 PM   #10

Hope everyone has had a sucessful day and hope you are feeling a bit better Kazz. Sometimes a good masseur/massuese can really help with lymphoedema - nasty painful thing.
Well - the wind has changed direction hasn't it? Brrr. Maybe I should have left all that insulating leg hair on? Pleased with my haircut - did you know it's short now? Not quite a Victoria Beckham but shorter than ever in my adult life. Very good, easy to cope with and perfect for easy care on holiday.
It's sunny here - hope it's shining on you too. Just stay behind glass!