Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
02-10-2008, 11:28 AM   #11

Re: Daily thread ~ Thursday

You're certainly all made of hardier stuff up there! I think I'd get hypothermia!

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: None
02-10-2008, 11:41 AM   #12

I actually hate the cold, and was brought up in a house where the heating was on full blast all the time, so I could happily wander around in vest top and bare feet in December! (happier times!)

But needs must. OH and I have taken to hiding under a fleecy blanket on the couch at night when watching tv. And it's only October It's all about aclimatising.

I have just looked up on google 'how to use storage heaters' so may have a play around with them this weekend. Still going to get my furry boot slippers though because they're so cosy

Almost a Veteran Member

02-10-2008, 03:51 PM   #13

I just noticed that this thread was moved to another thread with a different name; from 'Thursday's Daily' to 'Daily Thread - Thursday'. Sorry if I didn't label it correctly I've noticed that it's occasionally called different things, didn't realise there was a rule

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
02-10-2008, 04:06 PM   #14

Don't think there's any need for any s Meep.
You posted at about the same time Mags was posting another daily and I answered yours before Mags had finished and posted hers (are you following?). So, as Mags has The Power to move threads, she has merged them both. All's well.

It's been a beautiful day, after a bit of a wet and wild start. I had a lovely time schlepping round the allotment, leaving parts of it nice and tidy, so I can holiday with a clear conscience . Brought back four nice fennel bulbs, so that meant I had to wander to town, to the market, to pick up some nice fish to go with that for our supper tonight. So, on a scale of tiredness going 1 to 10, I'm feeling about 8 and a half.

The fit hubby has gone off to ref a boys match starting 4pm, so we'll probably both be dozing nicely in front of the TV by 9.30. Just as well we're resisting putting any heating on. I think we will hold out till we come back from hols.

Mags - have you gone back to Canbot Circus since the opening? I can't help feeling they've chosen a really difficult time to open up. I suppose there will be plenty of visitors in the run up to christmas but what about in the cold dark broke days of January?

Almost a Veteran Member

02-10-2008, 04:15 PM   #15

Thanks DM Mags cleared it up for me too, confused averted!

I think my fit OH is heading out for a run after work too, as his gym is closed. But then he's baking brownies for work (did I mention he used to be a chef?) so I'll happily tuck into one of those later

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
02-10-2008, 04:45 PM   #16

Hi all in the chilly UK from chilly Washington! I'd been determined not to turn the heat on yet, as it's supposed to warm up by the weekend, and woke up this morning to find it on! I'd cut the thermostat back to 13 in Spring; well, it got colder than that last night obviously, so it cut on! Leia is most pleased at her radiator being nice and toasty again; she's been looking reproachfully at me for a few days when she's tested it only to find it cold....... Right now it's 14, wind chill of 12, brrr! No market run today; this is my bi-weekly delivery: all the heavy stuff plus essentials. So had a nice lie-in.

Meep: I have an electric heater to supplement the furnace when it's really chilly (this is an old house and not well insulated), and they are sooo expensive to run! I too am a great believer in thermal underwear and fluffy warm house slippers! Hang in there, girl!

Kazz, sorry you're not feeling well,

Hope the sun is shining where you are!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
02-10-2008, 04:45 PM   #17

Afternoon all, we had rain first thing, then a lovely mid morning afternoon, although definitely coat weather, managed to get the grass cut, now its pouring...
Went to Airport to pick up hubby, walked the dogs, all before the rain thank goodness....Have a casserole bubbling in the oven so now its an hours me time....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
02-10-2008, 05:29 PM   #18

.... that's a lovely thought Moli. I love warming casseroles and stews. I think I might make one at the weekend!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
02-10-2008, 06:24 PM   #19

Hi all
Just back fom work. I had to scrape ice off the windscreen this morning!!!!

Stew for dinner tonight, just waiting for tatties to boil.

Getting ready tonight for my girls weekend in London. Can't wait we have a list of things to do but are going to see musical and shopping, shopping, shopping.

CM

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
02-10-2008, 06:31 PM   #20

I'm a latecomer today too, CM
Been for my first study day on the course that work has sent me on. Oh, my head hurts! There is so much to do. I have homework tonight and tomorrow morning, then back to school for more lectures. I have to submit a 1500 word essay by 8th January and another 2500 one by 5th March. Plus 30 practical assessments between now and end of February. Failure is not an option!

I need a drink and a foot rub, STAT!

see you all tomorrow morning, after I swot up!