Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: None
02-10-2008, 09:39 AM   #1

Thursday's Daily

Morning all

It's a beautiful, fresh morning. Last night on way home from gym I got caught in a typical Glasgow autumnal shower; absolutely soaked! But this morning the sun is shining in that really bright way it does when winter's coming, and it's fair nippit! (Scots: freezing!) A perfect day for wrapping up warmly and taking a walk through the park; too bad I'm at work

Got a lunch appointment for work today, which will spice the day up! Have been to the gym two days in a row after a good month 1/2 of not going and it's safe to say I am as stiff as anything this morning! It hurt to put my shirt over my head by stretching my arms up But no pain, no gain right?!

Can't wait for the weekend. I'm going to go curtain shopping! It's getting cold in the flat at night so need to get some insulation. On that theme, also going to buy big bootie-slippers like I had for 2 years until they fell apart, and some thermal pjs!

Hope everyone has a good day

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
02-10-2008, 09:41 AM   #2

Re: Daily thread ~ Thursday

Morning folks

It's quite a pleasant start to the day here, the sun is just beginning to break through and the autumnal nip is in the air.

Usual household tasks to do and I have the hairdressers this afternoon. Not a very exciting day!

Hope the sun is shining where you are, have a lovely day..

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
02-10-2008, 09:46 AM   #3

It was raining heavily when we woke but appears better now. It had better be as I am booked for a lift to the allotment whilst the other half goes to the gym, so I will be there for a couple of hours. I'll have to retreat to the polytunnel if it rains again.
Lots of this gym attendance going on . My husband started in April, when it came free with a health plan his company joined (That sounded too good to be true, and indeed was - it's now a paid thing!) He really enjoys it; I'm sure I would hate it. But it has done him good and even though he was fit (classic meaning of the word, not the new one, though he is fine in my eyes) before he is more toned now and even more fit. He finds it amusing on Saturdays when he gets to the breakdown with his whistle quicker than the players who are half his age or less.
So - I'll head off and get my gardening clothes on and will return to chat this afternoon. Take care.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
02-10-2008, 09:48 AM   #4

Hello Mags - Bit of duplicate posting this morning. Never mind. Can you move it, in your capacity as Mod?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
02-10-2008, 09:57 AM   #5

Bright and sunny here today; nippy too!

I have a self-inflicted headache today as I got too chummy with the bottle of wine last night Still, it's not too bad and the strong, black Illy coffee is working wonders already

Am popping out for lunch with my brother to discuss how best to invest the money from our Aunt's house sale (if at all; he's a very cautious investor), and to just generally chat about stuff.

This evening I'm going to a meeting at the boys' school to hear about future plans and no doubt be badgered into helping out with the parents' association. Sadly I don't really have time for that . . . . haven't even got time for the gym - but reading about meep's endeavours I must do better LOL

Almost a Veteran Member

02-10-2008, 10:03 AM   #6

Yola, you can do it Whilst 2 days is puny in comparrison to, well, almost everyone I know's gym routine, 2 days is better than none and like I said, my body feels worked in a satisfying way I like going to classes, as it's a set amount of time, you can't 'leave early' and the instructors are great at getting the most out of the 45 mins.

DM, uber fit OH's are a pain aren't the? My OH is a fitness fanatic. There are at least 50 copies of Muscle and Fitness (note: this is difference to Men's Health. It's not the male Cosmo, but more dedicated to body builders and UFC fighters) around the flat, he works out 6 days a week, has all his own weights, takes protein, and quite a few other supplements, goes to Muay Thai boxing classes and is hoping to get the chance to fight soon ( eep!) and is pretty darned muscley and fit! Last night he was lifting weights in the back room whilst I was eating a Gu Chocolate Souffle Whatever floats your boat

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
02-10-2008, 10:21 AM   #7

Hiya all

Feeling rough today, may not go into work I will see later.

Kinda nice day hee no rain so far.

Karen

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
02-10-2008, 11:23 AM   #8

Sorry to hear you're not too good this morning Kazz - hope you feel better later.

Lovely blue sky here this morning and a bit of a breeze. Have the door open, so it's not too nippy although there has definitely been a temperature drop.

I can't believe meep, in this day and age that your landlord can get away with no heating etc in your flat! In Scotland! No wonder you chose 2 large furry warm cats - they'll do their best I know!

Have a good day everyone.

Almost a Veteran Member

02-10-2008, 11:25 AM   #9

Angie, sorry if I've caused confusion. There is heating, but it's all electric storage heaters. OH and I are hesitating to put them on as they're renound for being pricey. Also, I was only a student on year ago and have still got student habits of not using heating unless absolutely necessary. In second year, when all three of us in the flat were a bit pauperish, we had the heating on for one hour in the morning and one hour in the evening in December! You get used to it

Hence the need for curtains, thermal pjs and slippers!

Almost a Veteran Member

02-10-2008, 11:26 AM   #10

Oh and Darcy and Minsky are excellent mobile heaters. Minsky fell asleep spread out across both OH and my's laps last night, and was doing a great job of keeping us warm! (He really is long enough to fit across both our laps and then some! I used a pillow as a prop for his bum so he didn't fall off!)