Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
01-10-2008, 09:16 AM   #1

Daily Thread~ Wednesday

October 1st! white rabbits !

Gone a lot colder lately so the heating has gone up a notch and the timer adjusted. A bit of blue sky out there but the wind woke me last night, whistled through the alleyway alongside the bungalow.

A day off work for me today but I'm getting prepared for the course I'm starting tomorrow. Reading around the subject an getting some articles ready for downloading. I told them at work brain is getting slower so don't expect miracles I just have to pace myself with the exam work and not get too stressed.

Only other plans are to do a bit of grocery shopping and soak my silver jewellery in foil. Checked out a necklace yesterday, it was filthy!

Nette x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
01-10-2008, 09:27 AM   #2

Re: Daily Thread~ Wednesday

Good morning PP, you've beaten me to the pinch/punch but I got my husband, so that was good and meant he had to get up to make the early coffee!
We had a blustery night too, and it's still quite windy but the sun is trying valliantly.
I can't think of anything exciting on the domestic front. May do an early tidy of the plants in the polytunnel but I think it would be too early - I'm still cropping peppers, there are a few tomatoes still to ripen and my one chilli plant is only starting to set fruit. I have a load of basil growing there, which gets touched every time I move and the aroma is delicious!
Enough whittering - off to read everyone else's news ...

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: None
01-10-2008, 09:36 AM   #3

Morning all! October already, jeezo, where does the time go? Now I'm seriously beginning to consider beginning my *sshhhchristmassshhh* shopping! Glasgow gets absolutely mobbed around end of October and by mid-November, if you try to go into town on a Saturday or Sunday it takes about 1/2 hour to queue in Topshop when you're trying to buy some new socks for yourself A scary prospect indeed, festive shopping already.

I'm feeling totally exhausted this morning, although I did stay up late with OH, Darcy and Minsky all sleeping around me in bed, to finish reading a book; so my own fault really. Thankfully I'm alone in the office so can look a little bleary-eyed without feeling too self-conscious.

Made it to the gym last night for the first time in over a month! Stiff muscles today, but in a good way Going to core balls tonight, which I love; I'm planning to be in shape by Christmas!

It's fair nippit outside today, but the sun's shining in that autumnal way - low in the sky and very very bright.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
01-10-2008, 09:40 AM   #4

It's very windy here with clear blue skies. The interview we carried out yesterday was very successful, and hopefully we might have at last found a potential for our elusive Sales Manager position (haven't been able to find the right person in 6 years ).

Not much else to report really; more writing and office admin so I'd better get on!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
01-10-2008, 09:42 AM   #5

Morning all, high winds and pouring rain here this morning, and it cold!!
Hubby had been waiting for document to come from an American Lawyer, should have been here Monday by special carrier, they are supposed to be here today! he has to go to London tomorrow to apply for his visa, then if off to Houston....But up till now nothing has gone right, so he is not happy!!!
Not much planned for today, Got a text from Murphys new mum, he is coming on leaps and bounds, and is now sleeping the the other cats....She is going to send new pictures soon....
have a good day everyone, and don't get too wet!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: sadly 1 boy now :(
01-10-2008, 09:52 AM   #6

morning all, i should be heading off to asdas to do a shop but maybe after another coffee LOL
my get up n go has gone, just feel bluegh !!!!
both the boys are snoozing somewhere. ronnie had settled himself down on the sofa, but sorry fella need that. so hes in the corner wheezing n snoring some where.
heat no heating yet still have the windows open get some fresh air in here.
have a good day all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
01-10-2008, 10:10 AM   #7

Hiya all

On lates today so not back till after 9. Got a few things to do so se you all later.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
01-10-2008, 04:56 PM   #8

Afternoon, all! We had a wowzer of a thunderstorn after dinner last night...buckets of rain and terrible lightning; scary. Didn't faze Leia however, she slept thru most of it. We had over 6" rain in September, and have already exceeded the annual total. Bright sun right now, things are drying out but it's only 18 degrees! I have still not put the heat on....usual market run, no particular afternoon plans. DM: my chili peppers are also just now starting to bear heavily.

Quiz tonight at 8 pm, Games, Jokes and Funnies!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
01-10-2008, 06:36 PM   #9

Hi all - just back from work. OH has walked dogs and fed all the animals so nice night in me thinks. Definate chill in air. Noticed it this morning when I was up the fields at 7am, brrrr.

Just trying to decide make dinner or indian carry out.

CM