Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
26-07-2007, 12:31 PM   #1

What does your cat weigh?

I know we have had this question some time ago but thought we would have it again as there are a lot of new cats here.

Cassie had her annual check up yesterday and the vet commented that she was slightly overweight Her food intake is ok but she needs more exercise!

She is 10 years old and weighs 5.3 kg (11 lbs 7 ozs )

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
26-07-2007, 12:48 PM   #2

Re: What does your cat weigh?

Mags, I don't think 11lbs is bad at all. Sylvester and Clooney are just over a stone in weight each Had Bliss weighed yesterday when she had her booster and she weighs 3KG which is just right for a Meezer according to the vet. Don't know how much all the others weigh tbh. Claude and Clooney are going for their boosters soon, so will get them weighed then, I'm dreading the reaction from the vet to Clooney's size

Looks like you'll be investing in a laser pen or a feather on a stick for Cassie then Mags

Cats owned: Many types
26-07-2007, 12:58 PM   #3

Well I am owned by 6 cats....and currently...My 10 year old weighs 7 kilos ( big boy not fat )...My 7 year old weighs 7 kilos ( again just a big cat ) My 9 month old has just sprouted in the last couple of months he is 4 1/2 kilos...if anything he is slightly on the lean side not fat My 5 month old is 2.6 kilos and my 2, 4 months old kitties are 2.1kilos...this is just approx weights for the 2 older boys, as they all got weighed at their vet check ups, but the time since then has been a few months for the 2 older boys, so give or take, they are the approx weights the 4 younger ones are fairly accurate

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: moggys
26-07-2007, 01:07 PM   #4

whiskey 7years :1 stone 2lbs
stella 10 years :1 stone
tammy 18 years :12lb
ginge 5 years:1 stone
spike 4 years :1stone 2lbs
tinker 3 years:10lbs
buddy 2 years:10lbs
daisy 1year 3 months:

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: 5 moggies
26-07-2007, 01:09 PM   #5

I only know what Mencius weighs because I was so worried he was under weight - he has long hair but when you pick him up you can feel his bones - so I took him to the vets and he weighs 4.4kg - and the vet said that was a healthy weight for him

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Siamese and Moggies
26-07-2007, 01:50 PM   #6

No idea, how exactly do you weigh a cat, maybe I could get them to sleep on the scales!

Global Moderator

26-07-2007, 02:26 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran
Mags, I don't think 11lbs is bad at all. Sylvester and Clooney are just over a stone in weight each Had Bliss weighed yesterday when she had her booster and she weighs 3KG which is just right for a Meezer according to the vet. Don't know how much all the others weigh tbh. Claude and Clooney are going for their boosters soon, so will get them weighed then, I'm dreading the reaction from the vet to Clooney's size

Looks like you'll be investing in a laser pen or a feather on a stick for Cassie then Mags
Fran, do you know if toms usually weigh more than females, especially as most are bigger?

Funny you mention about the feather on a stick, that's what the vet suggested! Where do you get the laser pens from?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
26-07-2007, 02:29 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags
Fran, do you know if toms usually weigh more than females, especially as most are bigger?

Funny you mention about the feather on a stick, that's what the vet suggested! Where do you get the laser pens from?

Yes, Tom's do tend to weigh more than females as they are usually bigger.

I've seen the laser pens at shows, not sure if PAH would sell them??

Global Moderator

26-07-2007, 02:34 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran
Yes, Tom's do tend to weigh more than females as they are usually bigger.

I've seen the laser pens at shows, not sure if PAH would sell them??

Thanks Fran, I'll have a look!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: All black and white and tortie's
26-07-2007, 02:51 PM   #10

As you all know Guinness has a weight problem the last time the vet weighed him he was 8kgs+. He has realy lost weight and has become more active. As for the others Kay is always going to be very daintey. Simon is a little bigger than Kado. Im going to borrow a pair of scales to weigh them again though. I put the carrier on the scales and Zero it then but the carrier back on the scales.

jane