Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Black Moggie
18-05-2011, 03:35 PM   #1

Hi Im New

Hi Everyone I am new to Catsey and new to owning cats. I have had a stray pregnant cat coming to my yard for the last 2 months. 6 weeks ago I discovered she had given birth to two beautiful kittens in my shed. I have now taken them all in and they are all doing fine. I also have two dogs which the cat and kittens get on well with.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
18-05-2011, 04:21 PM   #2

Re: Hi Im New

Hi and welcome! Great that you've taken in mum and kits! What are their names? Any questions, ask away.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Black Moggie
18-05-2011, 04:30 PM   #3

I have called the mother Mika. i would really love to keep the kittens but i can not afford to, so i have not named them. The kittens are now 6 weeks old. i found them when they were about 2 weeks old. I may have a new home for one of the kittens. I will be taking Mika to the vets to check if she is mircrochipped, if she is not, i will be keeping her. i have also placed ads on websites for found cat so far no one has come forward to claim her.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
18-05-2011, 04:50 PM   #4

Hello and good on you for taking her in. Sadly though chances are that if she aint spayed, she wont be chipped either.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
18-05-2011, 04:56 PM   #5

Mika is a stunning looking girl - so glad you are helping her and trying to home her kittens. You are wise to only take on the one cat. Good luck with rehoming.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
18-05-2011, 04:58 PM   #6

hey there and welcome. That was great that you have taken them all in just now. I like the name She looks like my wee black cat

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
18-05-2011, 05:49 PM   #7

Welcome to Catsey!

That's good that you have taken Mika and her kittens in and you have found a home for one of the kits already ....... I hope a good home will be found for the other one soon.

May I suggest, when you take Mika to the vet and if she's not chipped you decide to keep her, that you also make inquiries about having her spayed as soon as the vet thinks possible.

Unfortunately cats can get pregnant again straight after having a litter, so it's best to keep her indoors at all times until after spaying.

Good luck with the rehoming!

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Mixed
18-05-2011, 06:17 PM   #8

Hello and welcome

I'm pleased that Mika has found someone to look after her and if she can't be reunited with her owners then she has you to care for her.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
18-05-2011, 07:34 PM   #9

OMG, just saw Mika's pic, and she is the spittng image of my departed Onyx !!!!!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
18-05-2011, 09:45 PM   #10

Hello, welcome to Catsey.
It's great that you have taken in Mika and her Kittens. I hope you manage to find good homes for them.
Look foward to hearing all about your pets