Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
07-02-2014, 09:24 AM   #1

Friday daily

I am off to bed just sitting drying out after taking Bella out this morning. It is not to bad here in B'ham although it is bad enough. Supposed to be brightening up here today. Then rain tomorrow again.

I am off to bed then.

Bit of sad news first saw a dead cat by the road when out with Bella and popped into the corner shop to let him know (he knows everything and everyone) but as I did a chap the driver was putting a note up in the window. The cat had no collar and died outright. The incident was witnessed by a neighbour of mine who was without his Staff Bo - and I found out she was PTS on Saturday she was 3 weeks younger than my Sal Bo had diabetes and went blind 2 years ago but got around well. We used to walk together back when they were pups and they came to Sal's puppy class at the vets. A link that threw my heart back to Sal every time I saw them and a sad loss.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
07-02-2014, 10:18 AM   #2

Re: Friday daily

Hi Kazz,

Poor kitty, RIP, little one. Sorry about your friend's staffy, Bo too lots of heartache in one day Kazz. Both playing at the Bridge now.

Dry here today too, but not for long. I ventured outside the back garden yesterday, the cover has blown off the barbecue and was lying soaking wet on the ground, so that didn't do much good. The rust has attacked it badly, going to be a hard job getting it up to scratch again.

I seem to be wasting a lot of food on my two lately. I changed over from pouches to tins of Whiskas in jelly, but they are refusing to eat it after they've had the first spoons out of them. I wish they would just eat dry food, I'd be happier with that. Think I will wean them off wet food altogether, they have plenty of water available; I don't mean the rain

Good day to everyone, whatever you're doing make sure the weather doesn't spoil it x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
07-02-2014, 11:33 AM   #3

Morning, or nighty-night Kazz, PP and those to come.

A bright dry windy chilly morning here - rather like an early Spring day in fact. As we all know, not to last though. My gardening man at least can get on and prune the apple trees and the gooseberry bush (which he hates!). Funny thing, I had a plant catalogue delivered yesterday, addressed to "The Head Gardener". I think that is so funny ..... I'm going to give it to him with his coffee!!!

Kazz, very sad about the poor cat, mercifully quick I expect. RIP little one, go to Gaia in peace. Also sad about your walking pal and staffy, bound to bring back loads of Sal-shaped memories, sad but I do hope that you take comfort from the happy times you had.

Have a good day folks, make the most of the dry, even for a short while.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
07-02-2014, 02:01 PM   #4

Afternoon everyone, not had much of a chance to pop on and say hello.

Aww poor wee cat at least he didn't suffer.
Posh, good luck with the weaning, I wish I could feed mine dry but can't because of Harris issue with it although he loves it!!
Angie, hope your OH enjoys his magazine, I do like the title head gardener!

I have just been busy in work. The role im doing just now was put to all of us by our department as this part of it needed help. Wouldn't mind looking at developing to do 1 of the roles up here. We are still busy with DIY in the house but I now have a tiled floor and part of my walls have been tiled so should be done by the end of the weekend all going well!!