Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
11-01-2009, 04:48 PM   #21

Re: Oh No!!!!

I did a bit of laser hair removal 'down there' but had to stop when I found I was expecting Sebi. It doesn't really hurt that much (light stinging); and after several sessions the hair, if not actually gone is very might weaker and finer. If I were you and this is really causing you stress I would go for it. Most will do free consultations so you can ensure you find someone that you can trust.

However, I was going to ask if it was something to do with the cold weather. Do you think your body is growing additional fur to help you cope with the Aberdeen winter???

And as for tummy tucks . . . maybe we should write to the Beeb and, well, beg?? You never know there may be a reality series to be had about online buddies who long for their figures back!!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
11-01-2009, 05:29 PM   #22

ROTFL at all the comments! I'm long since resigned to the wattle, age spots, sagging boobs and flabby tummy...but am thankful that due to a genetic quirk inherited from Dad I only have a few grey hairs.!! But last week I noticed I had ONE GREY WHISKER!! Promptly snipped it.....

Hang in there, there is life on the other side of menopause......

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
11-01-2009, 05:33 PM   #23

I have been hooting out loud at this thread!

I'd certainly get rid of the whisker Elaine - one way or the other as it has caught your notice and you'll always notice it until it's gone.

Coincidentally, a friend sent me this in an email today -

Forgetter Be Forgotten

My forgetter's getting better,
But my rememberer is broke
To you that may seem funny
But, to me, it is no joke

For when I'm 'here' and wondering
If I really should be 'there'
I try to work it out, but find,
I haven't got a prayer!

Oft times I walk into a room,
And say 'what am I here for?'
I wrack my brain, but all in vain!
So head back for the door.

At times I put some thing away
Where it is safe you see!
The person it is safest from
Is always only me!

When shopping I may see someone,
Say 'Hi' and have a chat,
Then, when that person walks away
Think, 'who the hell was that?'

Yes, my forgetter's getting better
While my rememberer is broke,
And it's driving me plumb crazy
And that isn't any joke.

My take on it is, try not to worry about the body - coz the brain will give up on it anyway! And don't forget - it happens to everyone, even those svelte, slim beauties that are around today will one day be even as we ..........

Catsey Veteran

11-01-2009, 05:46 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
I have been hooting out loud at this thread!

I'd certainly get rid of the whisker Elaine - one way or the other as it has caught your notice and you'll always notice it until it's gone.

Coincidentally, a friend sent me this in an email today -

Forgetter Be Forgotten

My forgetter's getting better,
But my rememberer is broke
To you that may seem funny
But, to me, it is no joke

For when I'm 'here' and wondering
If I really should be 'there'
I try to work it out, but find,
I haven't got a prayer!

Oft times I walk into a room,
And say 'what am I here for?'
I wrack my brain, but all in vain!
So head back for the door.

At times I put some thing away
Where it is safe you see!
The person it is safest from
Is always only me!

When shopping I may see someone,
Say 'Hi' and have a chat,
Then, when that person walks away
Think, 'who the hell was that?'

Yes, my forgetter's getting better
While my rememberer is broke,
And it's driving me plumb crazy
And that isn't any joke.

My take on it is, try not to worry about the body - coz the brain will give up on it anyway! And don't forget - it happens to everyone, even those svelte, slim beauties that are around today will one day be even as we ..........
LOVE the poem, Angie! And that reminds me of the obit line (a bit misquoted) "As I am now, so you will be"!

Getting old sure beats the alternative...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
11-01-2009, 05:51 PM   #25

This thread fair made me smile. I can relate to all of it. I remember vainly plucking out the odd grey hair. Can't keep up now. The night sweats, OMG I thought I'd forgotten to dry after shower. Thankfully I'm in post stage now (but how long is post for G****'s sake?).

Loved the poem - I'll think of it next time I find my car keys in the fridge and the milk on the window sill.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
11-01-2009, 05:54 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by calismum
This thread fair made me smile. I can relate to all of it. I remember vainly plucking out the odd grey hair. Can't keep up now. The night sweats, OMG I thought I'd forgotten to dry after shower. Thankfully I'm in post stage now (but how long is post for G****'s sake?).

Loved the poem - I'll think of it next time I find my car keys in the fridge and the milk on the window sill.
we can only laugh, can't we?

Catsey Veteran

11-01-2009, 05:56 PM   #27

yes -

Catsey Veteran

11-01-2009, 05:58 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by calismum

Can't really answer that as I had a fast and easy menopause. No night sweats and hot flashes were not too bad: however they usually came in August while I was waiting for the bus, rather than January when they would have been welcome!

That bit about going to a room and forgetting why really hit home!

Catsey Veteran

11-01-2009, 06:02 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
Can't really answer that as I had a fast and easy menopause. No night sweats and hot flashes were not too bad: however they usually came in August while I was waiting for the bus, rather than January when they would have been welcome!

That bit about going to a room and forgetting why really hit home!
I was thinking that last week when it was so cold 'where are they now when I need them'

See what you've got to look forward to Elaine

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: sadly 1 boy now :(
14-01-2009, 05:21 PM   #30

OMG this thread had had me laughing. i sympathize will u all. ive been having hot sweats n all that nasty stuff since 2003 tried the hrt but was taken off it 3 yrs ago. so ive had the lot.
er my boobs have improved, can i say they are quite pert now lol at one stage i was a 38dd.!!!! OH didnt complain.
ok yep ive got a tummy. but what are support knickers invented for. i love mine to bits. pull in a muliti-tude of sins
grey hair whats that. thats why we have *nice n easy* actully i use castings now like that make.
havnt fot grey eyebrows yet. and yep the ole whipery bits down below are a lighter shade of pale but who sees that other than a quick flash to the ole fella and me. but having a tummy can hide the worst.
best bit is NO MORE monthlys. now that is a good thing.
oh and i forgot
the memory getting bad. my god im terrible. u can tell me anything and i forget straight away. i have to write everything down or thats it.
im great for telling secrets to lol