Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
12-03-2011, 05:33 PM   #11

Re: Snowy Saturday...

Is there no end to your snow!? Wise decision not to go out in it unless absolutely necessary. Supposed to be sunny but isn't: heavy cloud deck, 7 C (44 F), Spring still a way off; forsythia buds swelling, no signs of crocus or snowdrops.

We change to Daylight Savings tomorrow; now I go thru the annual wondering if 8 pm there is now 2 or 4 pm here ... when we're all on the same time it''s 3 pm here; you'd think I'd remember by now.... Don't want to be early/late for the quiz!

Exciting about possible pups, Angie. I always clip only the very sharp tip of the claw; am very careful to avoid the pink quick. It's harder with a tortie with black claws!! SM, exciting about the kitten too!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
12-03-2011, 05:53 PM   #12

TBH Eileen... I'd say that March is our month for snow. other than the last 2 years (well, this and last) it has been the month we've had the most snow, and that the schools have been most likely to be off... It has been Nov/Dec which has been the unusual month this year. And we can just hope that March won't become worse than it already is...

Oh! Clock change is Always a pain!!! And even worse if you're trying to coordinate with people who haven't changed as yet. I've found that when I want to find out what time it is elsewhere, if I put "time - UK" or similar into Google it should come up with one of the world clock things...

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/city.html?n=136

So that's the UK one. More often than not I'm after info on somewhere rather closer to you, or very occasionally Oz, when I look it up mind you!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh called pip!
12-03-2011, 09:41 PM   #13

evening all! exciting news of puppies and kittens for some members!

also woke up to snow this morning GRRRRRRR!! i honestly cant wait to see the back of winter! work today, bit hassely, cut my finger and later had to help clean up somebodys cut hand covered in blood!! drama! i get a bit paranoid about blood and where it gets!!
got another lovely card in from the vets about the wee rattie on monday, this is the 3rd one this year from them.
and also my cheque from 02, i recycled my old phone and got £30 for it woo!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
12-03-2011, 10:20 PM   #14

Squirrel., thanks so much for that link; will check tomorrow after we're actually changed to EDT!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
12-03-2011, 10:21 PM   #15

I think we change 26/27 March????????

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
12-03-2011, 10:34 PM   #16

You're welcome Eileen. I find it a most useful resource!

And yes Angie, that's what the link above says is true for our clock change... I was a bit out of it at the last March clock change. Had broken my upper arm not long before it and was on a bit of a cloud of strong pain killers, shock and similar!!!