Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
12-03-2011, 12:07 AM   #1

My Man is Back

Yeah my man is back Monty Don on Gardeners world.....boy have I missed him, I would have been happy with Carol as main presenter but seems not. So glad Monty is back bit of substance to the programme again. Yeah .

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
12-03-2011, 12:27 PM   #2

Re: My Man is Back

I really went off the programme but if Monty is back, perhaps I'll watch it again. Still miss Geoff Hamilton!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
12-03-2011, 01:09 PM   #3

I like Monty Don, glad to see he is back. I didn't realise he had a mini stroke though and that's why he left. I agree Geoff Hamilton was fab.

Catsey Veteran

12-03-2011, 06:40 PM   #4

Geoff Hamilton, I think he really got me into gardeninghave a video somewhere of his gardens round Britain series. Wonder if I can convert that to DVD somehow mind you have to find it first.

I like Alan but Monty seems like Geoff passionate about gardening. Glad he is well enough to continue, GW was floundering.
I did wonder if Alan would come back.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
14-03-2011, 12:24 PM   #5

I made a point of watching GW last Friday; I adore Monty (thinking womans' crumpet ) his passion for gardening and his warm and genuine presentation manner is a joy to watch. I can't get on with Carol at all I'm afraid . . . I appreciate she really knows her stuff, but I just find her presentation style too breathless and jumpy overall.

Catsey Veteran

14-03-2011, 09:29 PM   #6

Yes I think she sort of flits, about its as if they have not found anywhere for her, not found her niche so to speak. I will now watch GW again with Monty in place. I think there are too many prsenters on GW.

And I desperately wish they would show "normal sized gardens" on the programme rather than massive plots you cannot see the end of.