Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: About to get a kitten
08-03-2011, 12:58 PM   #1

Time for Tuesday

Well I am about to go and view my new flat, will hopefully be moved in soon.
Here are the kittens at 10 days http://s1223.photobucket.com/albums/..._3202816_n.jpg

I can't wait to get properly moved in so I can start making preparations for the little one and be able to join you all on my time, not the time of the shared internet.

Happy pancake day!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
08-03-2011, 02:33 PM   #2

Re: Time for Tuesday

Today was ultra-sound scan day and it showed what we expected - gallstones masses and masses of them, but fortunately all of them are small (still painful though!) They had a good rummage while I was there, I was booked for abdominal scan so they scanned everything else as well and nothing new showed up as cause for concern, so that was useful. In quite a bit of pain now, maybe it's because I'm what you might call "well-rounded" but they were certainly digging in a bit with their scanner thingy (probably to get down through the fat layer) so I'm going to have lunch, take some painkillers and rest up a bit. See you all later.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
08-03-2011, 02:44 PM   #3

aww MrsH, hope you feel better soon. My hubby was crippled by gallstones a few years ago, after his op he was as right as rain

Hope the viewing goes well SM (and the kittens are adorable).

Been sat in most of the day as I had a repair man coming to finish off fixing my front door. The lock had gone and needed new handles, but they couldn't give me an exact time. He had been yesterday but had to leave to go to the dentist! Thankfully it's all done now. The cats have been finding various sun spots to lie in, and the bunnies and one remaining chook are roaming the garden. So all happy here

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
08-03-2011, 03:52 PM   #4

Yes, Happy Pancake Day everyone .... how are you having yours? Ours are very trad - fresh lemon juice and sugar.

Decided because the weather is so glorious today not to go to Chichester. I can decide whether to go out or not now! OH has gone to play golf and I've just got back from the garden centre with a bag of seed compost oh! and a catmint plant because I couldn't find any catmint seeds, will keep looking though. It's from the hairy pot company, I do love those, just plant the whole thing and no pot to lay around. Bought a tool sharpener too, and just need to hunt the secateurs in order to sharpen them! Summer flowering Clematis pruning needed very soon.

Kittens are adorable SM - hope your move goes well.

MrsH, so sorry that all that prodding about has made you sore. Hope it wears off soon. When will you know what the medical people will recommend? Is there any alternative to an op?

Alex, glad your door is now sorted!

Have a good day everyone.

Catsey Junior

08-03-2011, 04:09 PM   #5

MrsH hope you feel better soon, sounds incredibly painful.
Alex - It's always the way when waiting for deliveries or repairs, you never know when they will arrive but atleast it's sorted now.
Angie - sounds like you are being very industrious. I can't wait to get some plants for the new place (which I loved, it's small but light, airy and clean). No garden for me though.

Lemon and sugar is always the way to go.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
08-03-2011, 04:38 PM   #6

Hi everyone,

Sorry to hear your not feeling great MrsH, i hope they get the gallstones removed soon.

SM, saw the pics of the house, looks good

Angie sounds like you have loads planned for the garden

I was at the funeral of my mums neighbour who died leaving behind wee rufus, i have been told that sunnyharbour shelter in fife may have a space for him in a week or so, i will pass the details onto the neighbours family and hopefully they will get it sorted for him to go there. Hes a poor wee soul, found out today, he only has 1 tooth and eats by scooping his food up in his paw and feeding himself. He is also a housecat and was very timid to begin with until he got used to human company. Fingers crossed the family can get him into the shelter.

Its pouring of rain up here, so just sitting in the house job hunting online and seeing whats out there. Making pancakes tonight and also got a youthwork job interview, its only for 3hours a week but its a bit extra money.

Enjoy your day, will look in later

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
08-03-2011, 05:03 PM   #7

Hi all...

Gorgeous kittens SM.

Sorry you're in so much pain now MrsH, hope that they are able to find a quick resolution for you.

Glad you got your repair work done in the end Alex.

Sounds like a fruitful trip to the garden centre Angie.

Sunny Harbour Rescue isn't all that far from where I am Pamela.

Hope all goes well with you all.

Am relieved to be home - drowning in office work right now! Very glad I get a bit of a break from it tomorrow as well.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
08-03-2011, 05:12 PM   #8

Found catmint seeds on ebay! Thought I'd better say in case anyone else is looking for them!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
08-03-2011, 05:25 PM   #9

Hi all! Happy Shrove Tuesday; enjoy the pancakes, those who make them. Partly sunny here, 7 C (44 F); wish we'd get a really nice warm day so we could sit out on the porch: tired of being cooped up indoors! No news, all's quiet, hand feeling better.

MrsH, the exam sounds awful; hope you get a decision soon,.SM, adorable kittens! Alex, glad the door's sorted finally; enjoy the day off tomorrow, Squirrel. Pamela, good that you might have a place for poor Rufus ... one tooth!! Angie, sounds like a productive trip.

Take care, have a nice day .....

Catsey Junior

08-03-2011, 05:30 PM   #10

Heard back form man with the kittens. He says I can go visit and choose one soon. Will be another 6 or 7 weeks before I get my furry bubbeh home though. Poor Rufus and I hope you and your mother aren't too upset.