Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
07-03-2011, 04:57 PM   #1

"M" is for Monday

Well, all things considered, it wasn't that bad - we left OH's mum in the nursing home with a face like thunder, but she's there and we're here. If anyone can help her settle and perhaps even become more sociable, then it will be the staff there. Fingers crossed. OH was quite upbeat but it hit him when we got home and he says he feels dreadful about leaving her there.

Hope all Catseyers are OK today. Are you feeling any better MrsH?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
07-03-2011, 05:28 PM   #2

Re: "M" is for Monday

Hi, Angie! Where's the rest of the crew? Sunny and cooler here. 2 C (36 F), March winds doing their thing: extremely windy. Most of the heaviest rains bypassed the City. Nothing special going on; accidentaly stabbed myself in the hand in the kitchen yesterday, sore but looks OK.

Angie, it's hard on OH, but he knows it's necessary and for the best for all concerned; will take a little bit for him to adjust. There was light at the end of the tunnel and you're out in it now; I'm happy for you, truly.

I too hope MrsH is feeling better today, and everyone else, two or four legged!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
07-03-2011, 05:30 PM   #3

*hugs*

it will be hard - especially with her being so angry as you dropped her off. Probably scared, cause she doesn't know what to expect of them. It's been a while since you left her behind to have a holiday I'll bet. She will settle down and become happy there, and you will both begin to enjoy your new found freedom as that happens, but it can't be easy right now.

Yeah, all went OK here. Work was a bit ridic, but never mind! And am at my parents, which means my poor little girl will have to do without me for a bit longer yet. But I'd stayed in an hour later than usual (and still didn't achieve what I was after - waste of time, but I guess am being paid for it!) and was closer to here than to home - normally I have to pass home to get here...

ETA - sorry to hear about your hand Eileen. Glad that it seems to be OK, other than painful. Hope it heals well.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
07-03-2011, 05:52 PM   #4

Hello everyone.
Angie i hope your MIL settles soon so you and your O/H can start to enjoy your freedom. I did think about you today.
Dear me , Eileen, hope your hand is ok.
Sorry you didn't achieve what you wanted to do at work, Kate but as you say, you are being paid for it.
Kwame is settling realy well, he's eating, sleeping and playing. Malaika thinks it's wonderful. Took her out to the river for some off lead romping, she loves it when i hide from her. she managed to roll in something disgusting, it was all around the side of her face.
Tom and Jerry are quite chilled about Kwame, thank goodness. Have still got to get a pic of him with Jerry.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh called pip!
07-03-2011, 06:02 PM   #5

afternoon all, im having a bit of a dilema today help please

i have another ratty with the horrid stomach tumours, it has grown considerably in the last few weeks so her tummy now looks like shes pregnant, she doesnt appear to be in pain but it must be uncomfy for her. this week i have been off work and she hasnt been eating her dried foods so i have been tempting her with nice soft foods. yesterday she hardly ate much and today again very litlle the top layer off a small peice of toast, about 8 bits of sweetcorn and a lick of choc mousse. she doesnt want her choc treats. she has lost weight, isnt bright eyed anymore, still tries to jump off the bed but she looks tired and when she breathes you can see it, i dont know if its because she has lost weight. i have a vets appointment at 6.40. my head is telling me its her time to go and i know if i dont today, its only a matter of days before she gets worse and il be at work so i wont be here for her, Please, what would you do??

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
07-03-2011, 06:09 PM   #6

Ouch Eileen, take more care in the kitchen!

Angie, I bet MIL settles in quickly, a friend's mother who suffers badly with dementia is now in a nursing home and keeps saying things like "I like my new house, they treat me much better than you do!" it'll seem strange to your OH for a while but it's for the best and she's quite nearby so visiting will be easy.

All ticketty-boo here today, thanks for asking, no pain I was talking to a colleague who is a Food Technology (used to be Domestic Science ) teacher, she had her gallbladder removed a few years ago, and she reckoned the spiciness of Saturday's chilli was to blame, one more thing to avoid in future Back to the vegetable soup for lunch today!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
07-03-2011, 06:20 PM   #7

Afternoon all.

Not been up long getting really confused with my body clock with these nights loosing complete days here. Anyhow not the end of the World.
Eileen do you mean cut yourself. Stabbing yourself sounds a little scary - what were you stabbing?
Angie I am sure that your MIL will be fine, when are you going to visit too soon and she will want to come home too long as your hubby may be crawling the walls. Can you not get someone else to pop in and see how she is for a couple of days someone she will not recognise to put your minds at rest.

Mrs H sorry you had an attack, I suspect the chilli was the culprit too. You need to get this resolved ASAP you can't live on bland alone,

Squirrel may work goes like that sometimes some days I can get through mountains others I wonder what I have done.

Shelley glad the pup is settling when I had Tess I walked them seperately as I wanted Tess to bond respondto me not to Sal. I wanted Tess traied not jut following what Sal did. Then took them out together once a day for a road walk. I needed to understand the pups temprament likes and dislikes etc.

Lynz as you have told it I think I would be tempted to have the rat PTS, sounds like the time has come. Take care sounds like a shock.

See you all later.

Catsey Veteran

07-03-2011, 06:24 PM   #8

((((hugs)))) lynz - you know already what must be done, don't you? You've had a bad run with poor ratties lately, it's just so sad.

Glad you are feeling better today MrsH. It sounds like the sooner you have the op the quicker you'll feel so much better and be back to your normal diet.

Thanks for thinking about us and for your kind words. Your support has meant a lot to me and I pass on what support I can of course to my OH. He will be speaking to his brother this evening and he has been quite supportive too.

How on earth did you stab yourself Eileen? Do hope that your hand heals quickly and well.

Catsey Veteran

07-03-2011, 06:35 PM   #9

Kazz - we are taking the advice of the nursing home and won't visit for at least a fortnight. We can always phone to find out how she's getting on.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
07-03-2011, 07:36 PM   #10

Good morning, all.
A bit busy over the weekend but got some things accomplished so was productive.
New drapes for the living room (energy-efficient) and rugs for the bathroom and groceries and chores/household work.
Hestia has been getting some hairballs up quite a bit. Poor girl, she looks like she had a lot in there! Keeping a close eye..
Hugs Angie, it must be bittersweet right now for you. Lots of good thoughts for MIL's adjustment.
Shelley, I'm glad everything's going well with Kwame
Lynz, sorry about your rattie
It's sunny right now and decent for us in the 40s...we might even see 50 this week, yippee