Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
29-12-2010, 03:21 PM   #1

Wonderful Wednesday

Well it's not bad anyway
Been to the park so Malaika could meet her friends and have a good romp. Took my new camera it's a bit more complex to use than the other one but so far the quality of both pics and video look good.
Went to Pets@home to stock up on pet food and get some presents for Malaika's first birthday on new years eve.
Now i'm going to relax and watch TV, i was going to have a Baileys but Howard tells me it's the sign of an alcoholic to start so early
I have got a Winter themed quiz tonight to start at 8.15.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
29-12-2010, 04:40 PM   #2

Re: Wonderful Wednesday

Hi Shelly... Bit of a misty murky weds over here. Plans go ahead for visitors this evening, so I won't be at quiz. Will hope to be there next week though.

Not really much otherwise to comment on!

Hope all is going well for everyone.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
29-12-2010, 05:02 PM   #3

Afternoon all.

Treated my hair with the Brazilian treatment today as I won't be going out until Saturday, it is going to look icky by Friday!! But it will be worth it.

Going to cook beef goulash for dinner so that will be nice.

Have a good evening all.

Catsey Veteran

29-12-2010, 05:24 PM   #4

Beef Goulash? Lovely!

Hmmm... I think it as well Mum held off on practicing Sax til this evening - Cloud obviously does Not like it in any way shape or form!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
29-12-2010, 05:25 PM   #5

Afternoon all! Although it's getting dark here already!
Had to do a bit of funeral business with my friend today (the one whose mum passed away on Christmas Eve) Registrar first then flowers & the Bowls Club for the funeral tea.

Tomorrow I'm having a day in Abergavenny with Ceri, doing a shopping trip for things for the cruise. Still haven't had my tickets but I phoned Iglu and they are chasing them. It's just I want to arrange seating on the flight and contact the airline to get assistance with Ceri. The seapasses I've printed off, just need help with the flight our side.

Shelley, never too early for Baileys- it's got cream in it therefore it's a food you can start anytime. Will hope to be at the quiz tonight
Squirrel,have a good time with your visitors.
Emma, bet your hair will be lovely. I love beef goulash too-yum. xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
29-12-2010, 05:40 PM   #6

Woo hoo, the thaw is here! It was above freezing when I got up this morning: 3 C (38 F), sun and no wind chill; first time in 11 days above freezing; We made 8 C yesterday and will do so again today; such a relief! December has averaged 7 degrees F below normal, worst in 10 years. Had a grocery delivery this morning so no need to shop.

Beef goulash a favorite here too, Emma; pizza tonight for me. Looking forward to the quiz tonight, Shelley, interesting theme. Oh, and re the Baileys, tell OH the sun is over the yardarm somewhere in the world. PP, hope you get the tickets straightened out. Squirrel, is it the sax or the playing? I used to play the harmonica (very badly!), and my Siamese would always yowl loudly and leave the room!

Have a good day, all!.

Catsey Veteran

29-12-2010, 06:08 PM   #7

I think it just the volume of the sax tbh Eileen, but you never know!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
29-12-2010, 07:53 PM   #8

Hi all - been to Dunoon today to visit friends. Had a great time, just nice to get away with no snow or ice.

Glad the weather over the pond is a bit better now DM. ONe wonders with all the worst weather records that are being broken if it will continue.

Emma - Beef Goulash - yummy. Think I'll make some pasta.

Squirrel - hope you get earmuffs for that poor wee CLoud!!

Shelley - can't believe that 'puppy' will be a year old in a few days!!

PP - hope the tickets get sorted and you have a good shopping day tomorrow.

See you at quiz tonight.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
30-12-2010, 12:23 AM   #9

Evening all been out for a curry with friends. Lovely evening.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
30-12-2010, 02:07 AM   #10

Technically its Thursday but just pretend its still Wednesday

We had a whole lot of heavy rain Sunday and Monday and it washed away all the snow - hurrah, well down this neck of the woods anyway

With the thaw came burst pipes in town [Belfast] and lots of folk there have no water

We went to a shopping mall in Bangor yesterday [before we heard about the water shortages in Belfast - it was packed - usually this one is pleasantly devoid of crowds but we thought it was just post Christmas shopping. Mum did notice that most had lots of bottled water in their trolleys - Im usually too busy negoiating mum's wheelchair with trolley attached to notice much of what was going on around me So folk must have been out from Belfast to the outlying towns for bottled water -must be horrific trying to cope without water, some have had none since Christmas Eve Trying to cope with babies must be horrendous.

Because of the weather our refuge has not been collected for 3 weeks. Hope they come soon.

I was a bit concerned about Mum on Monday as she was a bit confused, this is the first Christmas without dad [died suddenly in June, they had been married 70 years] which was a big strain on us. I think she may have had a slight TIA [slight stroke] but decided to let it pan out and see how things go. Ive talked her out of and round from them before.

Does anyone else think the TV has been awful this year?