Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
28-12-2010, 05:11 PM   #1

Tuesday all Day

Hi, where's everyone? Sunny but continues cold and very blustery; 0 C (31 F), wind chill minus 6; I''m really tired of the subnormal temps. December is the coldest in 10 years. No news, haven't been outside in days except to put out the rubbish and fill the bird feeder.

Hope all are well, warm and having a good day.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
28-12-2010, 05:44 PM   #2

Re: Tuesday all Day

Hi Eileen - glad those dreadful snow storms missed you!

It's been a very gloomy day here and is now foggy too. Much milder though +6, no wind and everything is dripping.

We have been dividing up the remains of our Christmas beef and making meals with the left-overs and there's a broth cooling down now before straining. Nothing will be wasted.

I've been playing around with my family history research this afternoon and trying to get some order out of a bit of chaos!

Also starting to think about what vegetables to plant in a couple of months' time! Wooopeeee - that sort of lightens the spirit, doesn't it?

I too hope everyone is just out enjoying the sales and staying warm and dry!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
28-12-2010, 06:07 PM   #3

Thank goodness the thaw is well on here. No snow left on the path just mounds of dirty slush on the sides of the roads. Been drizzling all day so got on with washing and ironing, which is easier with a few chocs and wine to help it along.

Starting to get ready for my holiday now, we go to Gatwick on the 7th, and fly out to Florida on the 8th. Start our cruise on the 9th. Can't wait now

Enjoy making meals with the leftovers Angie, I'm doing the same here- sweet n sour pork today, turkey curry prepared and frozen for New Years Day.
Eileen, keep warm and nice to hear the wild birds are being looked after, I've seen a few visitors to our tree today- a thrush and a couple of chaffies and our local robin.

Enjoy your day. x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
28-12-2010, 06:09 PM   #4

Evening all, not been up to much today, some of my next sale order was delivered and most of it is ok.

Going over to one of the neighbors this evening for a drink which should be nice.

Have a good evening everybody

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
28-12-2010, 06:58 PM   #5

Hello everyone,
been very busy entertaining and going out to family and friends.
PP you lucky thing going on a cruise, i hope you have a great time.
Eileen all i seem to do is take out rubbish and check the bird table when i'm home
Angie you souns as if you have been busy using up those left overs, like you i don't like waste.
Emma i have been to the next sale yesterday and picked up quite a few items, i was especialy pleased with a Tartan dress i found on the floor. Later when i was unpacking my bag i noticed the dress was missing although i had paid for it.
I rang the store and eventualy spoke to a manager and fortunately they found the dress, it was the only one there yesterday and just my size. Had another trip today to pick it up.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
28-12-2010, 07:39 PM   #6

hey everyone, hope you all had a great christmas day and your furry friends were spoiled!! Harris definately was!!
I havent went to the sales this year, will experience enough of it when i go back to work tomorrow enjoying being off just now. Your dress soiunds nice shelley and angie, sounds like you have been busy with your christmas leftovers

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
28-12-2010, 09:04 PM   #7

Afternoon, all.
I had a terrible migraine last night, even got sick, so I spent most of the night trying to find a way to be more comfortable.
Took meds and had a solid sleep for the first time in days and somewhat better this morning, as long as I don't do too much it's bearable but it's teetering on the edge of getting bad again if I attempt too much then there's shooting pains. Good excuse to not do much but internet and coffee, on the positive side
Thought I'd show you guys one of the gifts my parents sent for Xmas. I used it yesterday; it's perfect for hauling library books.

My belated gift from K just showed up (it did not arrive in time for Xmas and he was irritated about that). I want to open it but he's sleeping now..just more fun anticipation I guess!
Have a good day, everyone.
Oh, and we are expecting snow tonight!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
28-12-2010, 09:20 PM   #8

PP, how lovely a cruise sounds, getting away from Winter! Has anyone noticed
we've picked up 7 minutes of light in the evening? The gardening catalogues are starting to come and I'm thinking about the planting season too, although it sounds far off now. Lucky they found your dress, Shelley! Enjoy the drinks, Emma, and your last day off work, Pamela. Angie, you're doing well with the beef: I get a lot of mileage out of my roast chicken too. Tink, hope the migraine lessens, love the tote bag. I'm curious now about K's gift ...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
28-12-2010, 11:21 PM   #9

Evening all home from work and just had dinner.

PP a cruise sounds fantastic can I ask where are you cruising too? and for how long? where ever it is sound fantastic.

Anyhow off to bed now and on earlies tomorrow out for a curry tomorrow night with friends. Could be a bit "tearful" or go the other way the husband of one of my friends has decided the marriage is over and is saying they rent the house and he is moving all the furniture out all a bit sudden as she had no idea...........as I say could be eventful as one of the 4 of us we only see every month or so; so I figure it will be downloading the talk of the table.............

Anyhow have a good evening all. See you late tmorrow or Thursday.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
28-12-2010, 11:25 PM   #10

Opened the gift, Eileen..a computer microscope that with a click takes pictures for sending to email!