Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
27-12-2010, 05:24 PM   #1

Monday Daily

Everyone out shopping? We escaped the big storm here, it went further out to sea so we only got a dusting, but New York and New England got clobbered with snow ... 2 feet in some places! Presently sunny, very cold: minus 4, (25 F). minis 11 wind chill and howling winds.... gusts to 47 mph. Definitely a day to stay inside. No news, just pottering; did an extra online grocery order for Wednesday so I won't have to go out in this.

Hope all are well and having a good day.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
27-12-2010, 05:54 PM   #2

Re: Monday Daily

Afternoon Eileen and everybody else.

Not up to much today me and hubby went for a long walk this afternoon which was nice. Going to have the remaining turkey for dinner tonight.

Glad you escaped the snow Eileen, how are you getting on with the kindle?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
27-12-2010, 08:07 PM   #3

Hello, all
Yesterday was quite busy but not too bad. Everyone was gone by 4pm. The house was quite disheveled but me and K both took naps and woke up more refreshed and fixed it later on in the evening so it's at least easy to walk around here again, even if not everything is quite in its place. The good thing was the turtle got a nice, big tank out of the deal and he has much more space to swim. He is a real easy keeper so he'll be staying throughout all of this.
Two tanks down, only the very large one to go. That is going to need some serious machinery and people to move. Once we get all the livestock in there taken care of, it may just have to sit empty for awhile..kitty display case, maybe? j/k.
Christmas was fun and yesterday was productive but I am so appreciating the quiet and normalcy of today..it's all slowed down which is just about my pace
I think I'll stop off to the library today and mostly relax and enjoy a normal day.
Hestia was a little peeved yesterday because her favorite chair was moved in all the rearranging. It wasn't till later once everyone was gone I noticed her pacing and meowing. I figured it out then that some well meaning people had piled some items on top of her chair and she could not lay down in her favorite place. So I moved it all off, got her thermal mat and some toys on there, and sprinkled with catnip and placed it in front of the warm fire. She was quiet and content after that. It's funny, that chair was a hand me down from K's sister and we didn't like it much when she gave it to us but didn't want to appear rude..turns out it is Hestia's favorite nap spot so I'm glad we took it now
Have a good day, everyone!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
27-12-2010, 08:23 PM   #4

Sorry back to work today. Really busy just flying on before off to the theatre.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
27-12-2010, 09:30 PM   #5

Tink, love the story of Hestia and her chair! They do like their routine, don't they? Nice that everything's back to normal now.

Emma,. got the Kindle charged and have downloaded a book; haven't read it yet as I'm finishing a hardback. Do you have a Kindle? I think it's possible to swap books ???

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
27-12-2010, 09:37 PM   #6

Hi Eileen, I don't have a kindle but I do use the kindle software on my iPad, currently reading a Karen rose book.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
27-12-2010, 10:47 PM   #7

hello all... visiting family today, so have been out for a bit of it.

When we got back, began to potter - had planned on having a bath, but water was stone cold when I tried to get in, so scrapped that idea - but managed to leave door open. Net result, one damp foamy kitten who'd decided to try jumping into the bath... Ooops! Thank goodness there was only foam left in there, or she could have been a soaked through kitty, rather than just a damp one...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh called pip!
27-12-2010, 11:24 PM   #8

evening all! silly cloud! pip seems to have a strange obsession with the bathroom, if i'm in brushing teeth etc, hes standing up at the toilet, he's in the bath if you've just went for a shower, i left the door open as my OH was going in after me and he found pip sitting in the sink
was woken up this morning by my brother looking for a babysitter, ie me! this after he also woke me up yesterday phoning! i think he seems to forget that some of us without children like to sleep past 9! so up out my bed, quick shower, didnt even have time to dry my hair properly before he arrived. dropped me and the 2 kids down at my mums so he could have a sleep, narrowly avoided the temper puking from the youngest thank goodness!
after kids got picked up and mum got home from work, we went for a wander into town to check out the sales, i didnt get anything but i bought her a new top for her hols. she is off to australia on wed to see my sister so joy oh joh, ty the dog is arriving tomorrow! *sigh* anybody want a hyperactive labrador for a month?