Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
26-12-2010, 08:25 PM   #11

Re: Christmas Sunday

Morning, all.
Busy, busy...
K has decided to take down the fish tanks in the fish room as he is just not physically able to care for them and fish aren't really my thing. A whole load of fish forum members are coming by today to tear down two of the smaller tanks and help them give the fishies and such new homes.
The huge tank will be in a project in itself for another day. Another get together will be planned to take care of the livestock in that first then will worry about the actual tank later once all the live things are cared for.
Of course they are all morning people and are arriving now as I type.
We had a great Christmas and I am exhausted, have only slept a few hours--just woke up to take care of some chores and getting the kitties tucked in to their respective rooms so they won't get lost in the hustle and bustle.
I'll prob just lay down and hang out with my furkids, catch up on sleep and some reading..much needed..as the boys play and talk fish things.
Have a great day, everyone. I hope your holiday was grand

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
26-12-2010, 08:35 PM   #12

Hope it all goes well Tink - it's such a good thing that K has got fishy friends to help and take care of the fishies, but it's a shame after all the effort you both put into getting that big tank installed a while ago. I am sorry for K - it will be a wrench for him.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 cats black/white and one tabby
26-12-2010, 09:17 PM   #13

This Christmas hasn't been the best Christmas I've had, was ill all through Christmas Eve, had a red raw sore throat all yesterday and a really bad cough, little bit better today though (just hoping this cold hurries up and disappears - sore throat's not quite so sore today thank goodness)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
26-12-2010, 09:56 PM   #14

Tink, what a shame K has to give up on the fish; sensible, I suppose as he isn't really able to take care of them properly, but what a wrench for him. Lucky he has fellow fish fans to help out; but it's still sad. No wonder you're tired after the busy day ... just finished looking at the ferret pics and off to see the cats!~

RCR, so sorry you were poorly yesterday; do take care and hope you're better soon.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
26-12-2010, 10:47 PM   #15

We went to my brothers for dinner. Lots of scrumptous food and good company. Didnt stay long, dont like to leave the babies on their own too long. Didnt see Tim when we came back in and then discovered he was lying on top of the TV !

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
26-12-2010, 11:16 PM   #16

Eileen and Angie~
Yes, it's a bit sad. We've known for awhile it was a possibility and he's been discussing it on the local fish forum too which is why the members helped plan this so he won't hurt himself trying to do it all alone. We've easily got about ten people here right now, how nice of them to do this as I'm afraid I'm useless with this kind of thing.
It will be good though as it will cut back, the electricity bill is quite high and so is his fish food bill; he was under the impression (and later on wishful thinking) he would be able to return to working and afford such things. In a way it is good though he has accepted his disabilities. I tried to remain neutral while he went through the process on his own, I think each person with a handicap/disability really has to go through the mental processes themselves no matter how helpful their loved ones are, one of those things that just comes with time and we all are different emotionally so it's a personal experience. I'm glad that he's took that step and he won't have it worrying him and agonizing about what to do about the situation anymore.
On a positive note, perhaps we can use that room for something fun that he is capable of.