Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
24-12-2010, 05:20 PM   #11

Re: Christmas Eve

Happy Christmas Eve to all! Sun shining and still cold and windy: 1C wind chill minus 6. No errands, a lie-in day, charging up the Kindle and just pottering. There's a possibility of a few light flurries tonight, maybe a semi=white Christmas!

Emma, that log looks luscious! Kazz, well done you! Angie, hope the back improves with the ointment, brandy and tea..... and maybe some shortbread too. Yola, enjoy your family celebration tonight, remembering the missing ones who are there in memory. CM, enjoy the 17 days off; Mags, hope it's a good day for you all.

Feliz Navidad, all!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
24-12-2010, 06:22 PM   #12

Good Evening all on this special Eve

Snow still hanging around and being a problem for traffic etc in the Valley's roads. Took my mum to visit my aunt in her nursing home and give her her gifts for tomorrow. Had sad news about my friend's mum this morning she passed away in the small hours. Always sad this time of year even if it's a blessing for her, still, she is with the angels at this special time.

Car parked up now and I'm going to get the mulled wine ready and my cheeseboard prepared for the evening's telly programmes. Then a shower and warm fluffy dressing gown and ... relax. AHHHHH!

NADOLIG LLAWEN to you all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
24-12-2010, 08:23 PM   #13

Happy Christmas Eve to you all. Yola, hope you enjoy your family celebration this evening. Angie, hope your back improves by the morning. kazz, you are wonderful to volunteer for the Salvation Army, hope your shift goes well. Thinking of all those you have lost loved ones this year.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
24-12-2010, 09:38 PM   #14

Merry Christmas Eve, all
Listening to Xmas music, fireplace is on
Not too terribly cold, averaging 40s around here..though we are on alert for a windstorm thru tonight. I don't see a trace of it so far, fingers crossed.
Think I'll make meatloaf and gingerbread tonight. Tomorrow's dinner for the two of us is salmon in wine and herbs, wild rice, scalloped potatoes, fresh biscuits, and cake. Think we'll have lots of leftovers!!
Merry Christmas to all

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
24-12-2010, 09:45 PM   #15

Happy Christmas eve t everyone...I am up to date, everything done....Its still snowing here ....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
24-12-2010, 10:00 PM   #16

Dinner sounds delicious, Tink!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
24-12-2010, 11:04 PM   #17

Busy day for us but enjoyable. Took Malaika to meet her friends, then over to my parents to deliver/pick up pressies.
Picked up eldest son who has just gone out to Church.
Cooked some chestnuts in the oven and some exploded so had to clean it all
Kazz i hope your evening goes well.
Yola hope you enjoy your celebrations, i know what you mean about family dwindling.
Tink your dinner sounds lovely.
PP mulled wine and a cheeseboard sounds lovely.
Eileen hope you get that Kindle going.
Emma your yule log looks scrumptious, no wonder Angie wanted a slice
Moli glad you are all organised
CM hope you enjoy your days off
Mags and Kim hope you are all ready for christmas now

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
25-12-2010, 12:12 AM   #18

I'm now safely at parents for Christmas, and Cloud is as well... we now pretty well settled - littley likes to hide under the tree, but has never attempted to climb it, or anythign other than possibly nibble on a light bulb - when she was firmly removed.

Hope everyone had a good Christmas eve - and a wonderful day tomorrow.