Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
24-12-2010, 12:03 PM   #1

Christmas Eve

Good morning.

Happy Christmas too all.

Sunshine today, and already took Sal out collected the turkey and popped into Sainsbury's all before 8.30 this morning. Just off out for a nice nce long walk with the dog again, she enjoys the snow.
I am on duty this evening I volunteered for Salvation Army homeless shelter giving out blankets, hot drinks etc etc, for people who cannot make/get a space/do not want to go into the shelter. My shift is approx 1am tonight through too 4am. I say approx because I am taking Mom to the late Chrurch service tonight.
So having a nap this afternoon. Well trying to I don't normaly.
Anyhow just wanted to pop on to wish everyone Happy Christmas.

Enjoy the day and I hope everyone has a lovely day in whatever format it takes.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
24-12-2010, 12:12 PM   #2

Re: Christmas Eve

Happy Christmas Eve Kazz and those to follow!

Blue sky here too but feels cold - zero atm. Snow still laying, but we haven't had any more. Gammon is boiling, OH has made a batch of shortbread biscuits and is going to make some sausage rolls soon. We are just having a coffee. I have pulled something in my back this morning decanting cat biscuits from a big bag to a smaller one. I felt something "pull" - it's a bit painful but OH has rubbed some gel into it for me and I have a slug of brandy in my coffee - well, I'm not going out today so I don't care! First load of laundry is chugging away - it may be Christmas but I'm afraid the washing still has to be done.

I think you are wonderful Kazz, volunteering with the S Army - wrap up warm, I expect that you will get a warm glow and it won't be from any alcohol. Good on ya girl.

Have a good day everyone. Keep warm and safe. Please give your feline friends a Christmas Eve cuddle from me.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
24-12-2010, 01:09 PM   #3

It's overcast, grey and cold here. Have been out to the Polish delis along Oxford Road which is our wonderful 'multiracial' street with a melting pot of carribean, asian, polish, russian shops and people. Got some great and very cheap Polish eating goodies.

Then to the post office depot which was chaos with a queue out of the door and then for a final visit to diesel-up the car and get 3 bags of coal. OH is just finishing up at the office and will buy some flowers for my Mum and then tonight we're off for 'wigilia' which is the Polish Christmas celebration. Just the 4 of us and my Mum which is so sad because when I was younger there was always a absolute house-full of merriment and people.

I need to get the boys showered and hair-washed now and then maybe we'll put on a Christmassy DVD to calm them down before we head off to London.

In light of the fact that I probably feel at my most Polish at Chrstmas; Wesolych Swiat everyone

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
24-12-2010, 02:51 PM   #4

A very happy Christmas to everyone, I hope you all have a wonderful time!

Kazz, I think you're doing a wonderful thing tonight by bringing some happiness and comfort into the lives of the homeless, it's good to know there are people like you who care. *hugs*

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
24-12-2010, 03:59 PM   #5

Afternoon all.

Not been upto much today - made hubby a Yule Log as they were sold out in Sainsburys - turned out quite well - it is chocolate and orange

Going to cook a chicken curry for tonight which I am really looking forward to. Turkey has thawed and it in the fridge.

Well done Kazz for volunteering for the SA - wish I did more for charities ....

Have a great Christmas Eve everbody, Christmas Day tomorrow!!!!! wooohooo!!!

Catsey Veteran

24-12-2010, 04:02 PM   #6

Your Yule Log looks great Emma - may I have a slice please?

Catsey Veteran

24-12-2010, 04:11 PM   #7

A couple more pics

Catsey Veteran

24-12-2010, 04:12 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
Your Yule Log looks great Emma - may I have a slice please?
It's on it's way to you Angie.

Hubby said that it was really really nice

Catsey Veteran

24-12-2010, 04:12 PM   #9

Thanks Emma - I'll have that slice with my tea in a while - looks absolutely yummy!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
24-12-2010, 04:35 PM   #10

Hi all, well that's me finished for a whole 17 days, woo hoo, so happy!!!! It is minus 11c here already

Angie - I hope that back gets better quickly, perhaps the slice of Emma's log will do the trick.

Kazz - keep warm and enjoy your night shift, I'm sure you'll be full of mixed emotions when your shift is ended. Sal sounds like a real snow lover. Amazing how some love it and others don't.

Yola, sounds like you'll have a lovely time - Wesołych Świąt dla Ciebie zbyt. - (only Polish I know and hope I remembered correctly)

Have a great day folks and keep warm.