Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
23-12-2010, 01:04 PM   #1

Thursday daily

P.S. Its nearly Christmas

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
23-12-2010, 01:09 PM   #2

Re: Thursday daily

Never got up till 10.45 really good night last night (I don't drink) roads were not bad. 24 turned up not a bad head count given the weather and a promise of it happening again in March/April time .....

Anyhow got to get some last minute presents and bits and pieces like bread milkt etc hen collect just the turkey tomorrow and all set.

Merry Christmas everyone.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
23-12-2010, 01:13 PM   #3

I can feel you're excited, Kazz! Afternoon to you! Too late for "Top of the Morning"!!!

We decided not to have our 4 hours out because it is too d****d cold, but MIL's carer is here with her and we have had our grocery delivery. Only one bit of cheese substituted so we have all we will need food-wise now and hopefully have enough for at least a week! Having a coffee now and then we are going to try a walk around Prinsted to see the birds on the pond. I'm finding the cold really upsets my breathing and although I have a scarf around my nose and mouth which helps, then my specs steam up and I can't see where I'm going!!! I shall be putting my thermal long-johns on again before we venture out.

I wonder whether any of last night's quizzers have been interested enough to find the names of the two composers who wrote the music for the carol "In the Bleak Midwinter"??????

Back later. Hope everyone has a good day

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
23-12-2010, 05:13 PM   #4

Hi Kazz, Angie! Same weather: 1 C (33 F), wind chill minus 6; it's extremely blustery and will be today and tomorrow. But bright cheerful sun. Grocery delivery today, no need to venture outdoors in the cold now for days. Everything finished: cards, wrapping, present delivery so taking it easy; may try to get the Kindle working later .... it isn't quite as simple as it seemed in the descriptions ....

Kazz, glad you had a nice get-together. Angie, sorry about your breathing, I'm having something similar and think after the holidays will need to find a pulmonologist... No, I didn't look for the answer to the tie-breaker Q from last night ...

Stay warm and safe, all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
23-12-2010, 05:41 PM   #5

Evening all. First day off work for me today, so I baked some mince meat parcels and some mince pies, they are both really nice. Must take the turkey out of the freezer tonight. Making hubby a Yule log tomorrow. Cats are pushing each other off the pouffe near the radiator lol

Have a good one everybody.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
23-12-2010, 06:22 PM   #6

Hello all, I've been out on the roads and it seems everyone had the same thought, slow traffic today. Visited my parents after not seeing them for a week, they are both fine. Then I took a family friend to visit his mum in hospital, she is very sick, and it seems her time will come soon. So sad. I'm on stand-by to take him to the hospital if needs be as he could get called back any time soon. He doesn't drive, so needs me to be there for him.

On a happier note, at last no more pressies to buy or wrap. All food in, etc. CHRISTMAS -BRING IT ON !!!!

Have a good day all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
23-12-2010, 08:51 PM   #7

Had modem problems for a day and a half so hope I can finish this!

Merry Christmas one and all in case I don't get back on tomorrow!

Good news! The snow has now all just about gone and as we were passing the pub where I lost my earring on Sunday, we decided to have another look for it and found it on the path leading from the car-park! It made my day!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
23-12-2010, 09:17 PM   #8

That's great news MrsH! What a good thing you stopped to look. Hope that is the beginning of a streak of good luck for you.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
23-12-2010, 10:09 PM   #9

Evening all. All done now (i think) so in the words of PP, "Bring it on !",lol
Been out for a Chinese buffet, just lovely, now warm and snug in my new jimmy jammies

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
23-12-2010, 10:36 PM   #10

MrsH, what good nrew about the earring!