Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
22-12-2010, 01:19 PM   #1

White Wednesday

Well it is here still, the snow basenji is still with us
Took Malaika to meet her friends, they all had a blast. One of the ladies had wrote a poem about all the dogs and another lady got her son to sing "I believe" , so at was quite a special day.
Howard told our neighbour that her cats had worms, she replied she would have to get them something so he told her we have already treated them, she made noises about needing to get rid of the cats but will do nothing about it. It is so hard not to hate.
Going to have a nice day inside now, few jobs, waych tv, read, eat..........

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
22-12-2010, 01:51 PM   #2

Re: White Wednesday

I bravely set off for the supermarket today, getting out of the cul-de-sac was a bit hairy, the main roads passable with care. The store was quiet, did a good shop and came home within the hour. Phew! no queues. Getting back down into the street was a nightmare, had to reverse, not a skill I'm good at but with snow banked either side and stuck cars it wasn't pleasant this time.

Have Tom today and tomorrow for his mum to work, it's good because he's company for Ceri, and I get to watch good films on telly. UP is on now, lovely stuff.

Shelley, your neighbour needs kick up the a*se, pardon me, but who do they they take you for? No consideration for cats or humans by the sound of it

Have a good day all, going to get festive with some baking now. Emma and MrsH have inspired me

Catsey Veteran

22-12-2010, 03:01 PM   #3

Yes PP i would like to give her a good kick up the you know what I know not very christmassy
Just got an early pressie from my lovely husband. It's a Christmas cd by Annie Lennox, A Christmas Cornucopia and is the best music i've heard in ages. It is a collection of Christmas carols sung by Annie and the African childrens choir. There are also old worlde instruments used and i can't praise it enough. I also love the video of God rest ye merry gentlemen, have a look on youtube.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
22-12-2010, 03:15 PM   #4

Thanks for that Shelley - just watched the video. How very interesting that is ..... that's definitely a group of Wassaillers! Here's a link for others to watch.

Hello Shelley and PP - quite cold and grey here. Went into Emsworth this morning to pick up our forerib of beef and had to queue for a long time at the butcher's. Was very cold by the time we got home, but glad we did it today - the queue would have been longer tomorrow!

Appalling about your neighbour and her poor cats. When will people realise that animals need to be cared for and cherished? Beggars belief how unfeeling some people are. I count myself lucky (and other Catseyers) that we can appreciate our furry friends for what they are and give and receive comfort and companionship from them.

Have a good day folks - keep warm and safe wherever you go.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
22-12-2010, 03:17 PM   #5

Afternoon all.

Finished now till Mnday, unless disaster strikes and people CANNOT get in I am just over the road walking distance so will cover emergencies ONLY.

That said a nice day at work Christmas spirit def in evidence.

Off out for a meal tonight with friends should be 35 of us but maybe not due to weather its a suck it and see senario at the moment as although weather here is snowing again. People who live out/out will be seeing how it is.

But hope it will be okay and a few show; 4X4 people will be fine. but obviously we would prefer everyone to be safe than out and about if they
don't think its for them.

So off and about with Sal for a walk. Then back to get ready to go out. See you all later and have a good time on the quiz.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
22-12-2010, 03:45 PM   #6

Sorry folks, forgot to remind people about the QUIZ TONIGHT! (Thanks Kazz - hope you enjoy your meal out and that the other people are able to make it.)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
22-12-2010, 05:28 PM   #7

Hi peeps! Unrelenting cold weather continues, 2 C (33 F), wind chill minus 2, heavy cloud cover. Out to the market for a few things I forgot to add to to tomorrow's delivery, then the library and got gin, so am set for now. Haven't tackled setting up the Kindle yet. Leia ouistubborned me this morning; would not eat her Ocean fish, so gave in when I got home and gave her Minced Turkey, which has vanished ... I think she inhales it ;

May I join the queue who would like to kick the neighbors, Shelley? Passes belief how callous some people are...Kazz, hope weather is OK for your dinner and that most can make it. PP, glad you got out and back safely; what will you be baking?
Angie, did OH make shortbread?

Se you at the quiz tonight! SAtay warm, dry and upright!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
22-12-2010, 06:05 PM   #8

Bah-humbug people, have lost my xmas cheer. Was doing ok till I had a fall out with my brother in law yesterday, my dad is also being a nightmare. I really dont want to go and have a family xmas meal now, I'd rather stay home tbh.
Got the van stuck on a hill today, that wasnt funny especially as there was a 4x4 up my ass and a big transit coming at me from the front. No ****** helps you though, they just sit in their vehichles getting irrate at me, nothing I can do, black ice under snow isnt my fault. Finally got to the doggy I was to be walking, fifteen minutes later I am on the deck crying, slippede on black ice and ******ed my ankle. Dont know how I'm supposed to walk my dogs and my sisters lot too for the next two days.
I'm off to bed soon to forget this day ever happened.

Global Moderator

22-12-2010, 06:37 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine
Bah-humbug people, have lost my xmas cheer. Was doing ok till I had a fall out with my brother in law yesterday, my dad is also being a nightmare. I really dont want to go and have a family xmas meal now, I'd rather stay home tbh.
Got the van stuck on a hill today, that wasnt funny especially as there was a 4x4 up my ass and a big transit coming at me from the front. No ****** helps you though, they just sit in their vehichles getting irrate at me, nothing I can do, black ice under snow isnt my fault. Finally got to the doggy I was to be walking, fifteen minutes later I am on the deck crying, slippede on black ice and ******ed my ankle. Dont know how I'm supposed to walk my dogs and my sisters lot too for the next two days.
I'm off to bed soon to forget this day ever happened.
So sorry you've had such a rotton day, Elaine ..... hopefully the day will be brighter for you tomorrow ... *hugs*

Catsey Veteran

22-12-2010, 07:03 PM   #10

sorry you have had such a horrible day Elaine.
I do love Christmas but find it a little stressful. I know a lot of people find it stressful also, i think part of the problem is you can sometimes feel obligated to have fun and be happy and then you feel guilty to yourself if you don't.