Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
21-12-2010, 10:08 AM   #1

Its Tuesday!!!!!!!!!

Morning all.

The local radio is allowing people to do what they do best phone in and moan about the weather conditions.........yet through it all lots of really good will stories people taking people to hospital appointents in 4x4's (no complaint about them now is there) and people fetching shopping/papers/etc for those who cannot get out. People being basicaly "nice" the Christmas spirit maybe???????????

Well baked mince pies, jam tarts, small quiches for ork today our office party. So off soon.

See you all tonight. Stay safe/upright and most of all Warm

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
21-12-2010, 11:32 AM   #2

Re: Its Tuesday!!!!!!!!!

Hi Kazz and all who follow .... not at all bad here today. We had a thaw and a freeze and now it's thawing again. Been out to feed the birds and there isn't as much snow as yesterday. MIL's carer said the village road was treacherously icy this morning. Still no gritting up here. Seems that the Council told our Parish Council that they could have their own supply .............. but they need a committee to administer it, so where has it gone if it ever arrived??? No-one knows!

Kizzy and Pip both have "the wind up their bottoms" this morning and have been romping about, chasing each other and generally having a good time. No lurking danger you see, although I keep seeing Harley in my mind's eye with much regret.

I was to have had a jolly today, but it has been cancelled so not sure what I'll do. OH said something about making shortbread!

Hope you enjoy your office party Kazz. Take much care everyone, stay warm and safe.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
21-12-2010, 02:24 PM   #3

Afternoon all. Hope you have an enjoyable party, Kazz. Be good !
Angie sounds like Kizzy and Pip are celebrating feeling safe again.
Awful morning for me although after reading poor farthing's posts maybe it hasn't been so bad.
Got out of bed to be greeted with a dead roundworm in some sick, it came out of our delightful neighbours cat. In a tizzy now, have treated ours and will have to go out and buy treatment for hers (most of you know the situation ), then the dog was sick, then Jerry weed all over the kitchen.
Had to wash our bedding as it seems someone (animal) has wed on that too.
Must be easier going to work
Still onwards and upwards, took Malaika for a lovely wintery walk and now off to a friends for coffee. Bit scared about driving but i'll give it a go.
Have a good day peeps.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
21-12-2010, 02:37 PM   #4

That sounds like a horrid start to your day Shelley. Hope it improves.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Imogen BSH
21-12-2010, 04:48 PM   #5

Snow, snow and more snow here! Just been out for a long walk with Darcy, she loves the snow and bless her hasn't been for many walks over the last few weeks-I'm too worried to take her out with Erin in this weather. 6 weeks old today!
It was a longer walk than planned though as we found a stray dog, he wouldn't come near me and Darcy and I didn't have a spare lead. Thought I recognised him though so left a lady trying to coax him over and popped into work.
Is it bad that I recognised him as 'so and so the lab's brother'! Hopefully tracked the owner on the phone in the end, far too cold for him to be lost out there and he was on the road at one point. He's in a kennel at work now waiting to be collected and I'm on the sofa with a cuppa and a baby asleep on my chest!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
21-12-2010, 05:14 PM   #6

Morning still here, but afternoon, people. Bright sun, but unrelenting cold continues: minus 1 (30 F), wind chill minus 8! Have only been out to rescue the paper, far too cold to stand on the corner shivering waiting for the bus. Grocery order coming Thursday; have renewed library books on line so can skip going there till the weather gets a bit better. My Christmas present to myself, the Kindle, came yesterday; now trying to figure out how to use it ... not quite as simple as the "ready to use out of the box" statement; why are all these electronic things so wretchedly complicated?

Kazz, have fun at the party, would love to have one of the quiches; and some of Angie's OH's shortbread too! Oh dear, Shelley, not a good start to the day, was it? PL, glad the dog's waiting to be picked up, well done, you. Hope Yola's sinusitis is better... funny how the awful weather seems to bring ut the urge to bake: Velvet said she was going to do so also; what miserable weather she's having too; a ghastly Winter so far. It is now officially Winter at 6ish tonight. Didn't get up at 3 am to see the lunar eclipse.

Stay warm and dry, all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
21-12-2010, 06:11 PM   #7

Evening all, work for me today, roads wreak, although I had to clear our drive to get the car back up it.

Bit of housework later and then relaxing. Last day at work tomorrow but more snow forecast for Essex so might be working from home.

Have a good evening all. X

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
21-12-2010, 06:51 PM   #8

Late today, I've been very busy in the kitchen getting to grips with the new oven and baking sausage rolls, quiches, carrot cake and other bits including a couple of pates. Poor dog has been patiently lying on the kitchen floor just waiting for choice bits to fall his way, he knows what a messy cook I am!

Just done a last shopping list and I'll pop out to Sainsbury's now, hoping there are no crowds this time of day!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
21-12-2010, 07:13 PM   #9

Eileen, hope you have got to grips with your Kindle now

Happy 6 week Birthday Erin

Glad you rescued the Dog PL

Had a lovely chat with my friend, it was scary driving there though.
Managed to pick up fruit and veg from farm shop so everything more or less done now.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
21-12-2010, 07:58 PM   #10

Hello everyone!

Well... After a very quiet few days again I'm feeling almost sociable again!

Was back to work again today, after a rather long weekend (4 days) and I'm in tomorrow again, but then am on holiday - rather in the mood to just get it done, if tomorrow would kindly show up!!!

Cloud has had her first taste of catnip - which seems to have been a hit Otherwise she's determined to get behind a book case I've said is a no-go area, cause of all the wires there... Lots of distraction needed!

Anyway, that's us!