Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
19-12-2010, 11:03 AM   #1

Sunburst and Snowblind Sunday!

It's bright and white outside with the sun glinting on the snow - couldn't resist therefore using the title of one of my favourite Cocteau Twins' songs

The plan today was to go to the German Market on the South Bank however OH has gone up to town on the train on his own with the boys as I am in agony with a face-full of sinusitis It's really painful to even move my head and leaning over makes it feel as if my eyeballs are going to get pushed out of my head onto the floor

So I'm going to potter around at home and do some tidying and get ahead on a bit of work for tomorrow as Dominik has a little friend over and I don't really want to be glued to the PC for the whole day.

Roast pheasant for dinner as OH bought a brace from our superb game butcher yesterday.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
19-12-2010, 11:10 AM   #2

Re: Sunburst and Snowblind Sunday!

Morning yola. Yes, it's sunny and white here today too, but very cold out.

Sinusitis is something I have had only a few times and I hope it's a long time before I have it again. Poor you - I really sympathise.

Going to write C Cards today. Now beginning to panic a bit as between flu and being snowed in I have lots of C Pressies to buy and want to stock up the cupboard a bit. So, next week is going to be v busy.

Have a good day peeps.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
19-12-2010, 11:17 AM   #3

Ouch Yola, you have my sympathy, sinusitis is so painful!

Sun's not shining here, the road outside is house is Priority B and not cleared yet but I'm sure the main roads will be, I hope so as our son who postponed his trip from London yesterday is most likely coming down today. Hope there's no more white stuff in store just yet!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
19-12-2010, 12:09 PM   #4

Hello ladies! Sorry I haven't been on in ages, it has been mental here. Well, the snow has truly pole-axed us, Got 2 feet of it around the car and the drive is blocked. The road has been cleared though and I'm in the process of clearing a path to the road, my niece and her fella are coming to my aid later.

Posh is sleeping all day, or whining for food, then gets stir-crazy in the evenings, a bit of wild running about and scratching then settles. She HATES the snow, won't put a paw out in it, but is fascinated by the whiteness, will stare at it through the window- and the wild birds of course pecking at the peanuts and fat balls etc.

Luckily got lots of food supplies in and as most of the Christmas prep has been done I can relax. Only trouble is I'm eating and dibbing into the festive supplies I have a cold, nothing awful just a blocked nose and fuzzy head, hope your sinusitis gets better Yola, you have my sympathy Good luck with the remaining buying CM and Mrs H, hope the road gets cleared soon .

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
19-12-2010, 12:10 PM   #5

Morning both and all who come when I venture out.

I am considering going out, it looks like the title of the thread. Traffic appears to be moving so off I go. Loads to do to.

Yola sounds terrible never had it and don't want it thanks. Hope they have a lovely time at the market sure the excitment of the snow and Christmas and two little and one not so little boys outing will help.Over excitment galore. Dinner sounds great never tried Pheasant....hmm
Mrs H hope your son makes it will he be spending Christmas with you? or is this his trip down?
CM try not to panic amazingly I have found Christmas arrives weather you are prepared or not and its always fantastic.

Well off to brave the weather which in all honestly is not as bad as it could be. Got to clean the car off first. I hope everyone stays safe and warm and of course upright.

Eileen we were on the news well the Country not us, fame at last.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
19-12-2010, 12:13 PM   #6

PP you scared me then I posted and your post popped up and I thought.....I am going loopy I do not recall any of that happening to me, yet I've posted it....then I realised that is not my post it was your mine was next......Duh and not a drop of alchol has passed my lips.

Merry Christmas all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
19-12-2010, 12:40 PM   #7

Hi all! Very overcast here but even though everything from yesterday plus melt has frozen solid, spookily it doesn't seem that cold, I went out to feed the birds and didn't put a coat on - had my fleece but no coat nor hat, probably because there is not a breath of wind. Birds feeding furiously so I hope that doesn't indicate worse weather on the way.

I am getting worried about the state of the roads tomorrow as we are meant to be taking Harley to the rescue. It's probably only five miles or so away but OH won't risk it if it isn't safe. We can't leave his mum for long and it wouldn't do if we ended up in a ditch. I might have to venture out alone.

Sorry to hear of your sinusitis Yola. I do hope you get some relief very soon.

Do take care everyone, whatever you are doing. Stay warm and safe.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
19-12-2010, 01:05 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz
Mrs H hope your son makes it will he be spending Christmas with you? or is this his trip down?
No he's not with us for Christmas, put it this way the choice was between

a) son and his wife, professionals in their 30's, spending their first married Christmas in a new big house with loads of room for their partying friends

or

b) spending Christmas with us, a retired couple in their 60's, in a quiet house with a loopy dog!

no contest!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
19-12-2010, 01:18 PM   #9

Afternoon all. Not up to much today, made some homemade puff mince pies (shop bought puff pastry). Roads are quite bad here at the moment but hopefully they will clear later.

Neighbour has popped out and is getting some food for a few of us, we only needed some bread. He did say that he might be some time and it has been a couple of hours now lol.

Have a warm and safe evening all. Xx

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Tabby with ginger & a black & white
19-12-2010, 02:22 PM   #10

Hiya, I am snowed in too. I ache today from my hour and half dog walk through calf high snow yesterday. Got to do it all again today as well.
I have Mitsy booked in for her neuter tomorrow doesn't look like I will be able to get her there in this. I really wanted to get her done when I could be with her to stop her getting to her stitches so I am not impressed.
Haven't got a clue what I am going to have to eat tonight running low on stocks!
Hope your feeling better soon Yola.