Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
18-12-2010, 06:51 PM   #11

Re: Sparkling Saturday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz
Took Sal out and she is still trying to figure out who is throwing snowballs at her....ho hum. Of course she is so trusting of me she does not consider me a suspect.......

Kazz, how could you

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
18-12-2010, 06:56 PM   #12

Only a light sprinkling of snow here still.

Oh went to Heathrow yesterday to pick my son up from airport and it took him 3 hours to get there and 4 to get home, normally and hour and a half journey. London has a lot of snow.

Took the dogs for a lovely long walk to the woods and fields and out for a meal this evening to celebrate my son home from Aus for Christmas.

Keep safe everyone.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
18-12-2010, 07:55 PM   #13

Kim I am glad he is home safe I was going to ask but then thought you would "stress" although I am sure you did not need me to remind you. But glad he is home.

Bed delivered and put up and now happiness. Now decided I need new quilt covers to go with the headboard........Oh hum

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
18-12-2010, 10:55 PM   #14

Evening all.

Well what a day for us, decided to pop to see hubbys sister and then onto see my brother to drop off presents etc and we got caught by the weather. Started to snow in Colchester at about 2.30 and the snow came down very quickly - left hubbys sister about 4pm to go and see my brother and the roads very quite bad then, we were meant to go out for a chinese but we cancelled that, stayed there for about 50 mins and then decided to drive home. I was driving and the car slid totally across the road and hit a kurb. Luckily we weren't going very fast (about 5mph) so we carried on and got home (took us 1 hour 40 mins and it would normally have taken about 30 mins) the A120 was terrible - very thick snow in places.

So it looks as if I will need to get a wheel refurbished in the new year. But I am so glad we are now home in the warmth.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
18-12-2010, 11:02 PM   #15

Glad you got home safely Emma, it's realy bad on the roads isn't it. We have cancelled our trip to Haworth tomorrow.

Catsey Veteran

18-12-2010, 11:05 PM   #16

It is terrible Shelley - some parts hadn't been gritted at all, and the A120 had been snowploughed as you could see the snow on the sides of the road but the road was still terrible. A12 looked bad as well but we didn't travel on that.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
18-12-2010, 11:16 PM   #17

Glad you are both home safely Emma. Scary!

Catsey Veteran

18-12-2010, 11:23 PM   #18

Thanks Shelley and Angie - normally when it is forecast bad weather we wouldn't go out in it but we thought we would be ok, should have left hubby's sister really as soon as it had started and then quickly poppped to my brothers to drop off their presents and then gone home.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
18-12-2010, 11:42 PM   #19

Hindsight's always 20 - 20. Glad you made it home safely, stay inside and warm, hope they get the roads passable by Monday. Such a bad start and it isn't really even Winter yet!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
19-12-2010, 01:10 AM   #20

Emma glad you are home safe. It does appear to be bad out there think its took most people by surprise around here especially. B'ham normally misses it.
I saw someone skid today they were going about 2 miles an hour. The woman got out and burst into tears.