Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
18-12-2010, 09:49 AM   #1

Sparkling Saturday

It's definitely seasonal here, snowing quite steadily, thankfully I have no need to go out to the shops at all today but I'm a bit concerned about our son who is supposed to be driving down from London this evening for a local party. I'm sure he'll change his plans and get the train instead (let's hope they're running!)

The tree is up, quite a big one this year, and we'll be decorating it later on, the sitting room certainly smells of pine tree and will soon be looking all sparkly too The little tree is on the table in the hall and the twigs with fibre optic lights are now in the porch. The holly wreath I got is a bit dull so I'll add a few holly berry bits from the garden (if the snow doesn't get too deep in the meantime.)

It's a nasty day weatherwise in the UK today, very widespread snow so stay safe everyone!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
18-12-2010, 12:40 PM   #2

Re: Sparkling Saturday

Morning all.

Yep, the snow is back with a vengeance here. I am trying not to worry about OH who went out to do his rounds about 2 hours ago and hasn't checked in. I'm hoping he's sought shelter somewhere. He is so used to going out and about that he just doesn't think I'll be fretting. Sure he'll be back when his tummy rumbles abit!

I have altered the roman blind I had made for the kitchen and rehung it - now looks much better so I can live with it.

MrsH - hope your son gets to the party safely. You do know tree pics are obligatory don't you?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
18-12-2010, 02:16 PM   #3

Son has just phoned, it's snowing very steadily in London, the M3 is not good either (although the snow has stopped here now) so they've decided to give the party a miss and stay safely at home. They were also hoping to do a pre-Christmas visit to some of his wife's reatives who live quite near to us but no-one will mind if that doesn't happen. We're all adults, we don't have to be able to open presents on The Day itself anymore.

I hope your OH has checked in by now CM.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
18-12-2010, 03:13 PM   #4

Hi MrsH and CM - we've had snow here too this morning, about 2 ins but it seems to be thawing a bit now. Sky still looks full of something ....

I am doing a pre Christmas clean of the kitchen and found for the first time paw marks on one of the cupboard fronts. Either I've just not noticed before or a certain cat has been wandering in the mud before coming in. Fingers are pointing at Pip!!! Not far to go now but I might leave the floor until tomorrow.

Your son is wise to stay safely at home MrsH - can't imagine how horrid it would be to be stranded on a motorway in your car not able to move. Do hope your hubby came home safely CM?

Stay safe and warm everyone.

Catsey Veteran

18-12-2010, 03:15 PM   #5

Glad he's decided to stay safe MrsH - snow is still falling steadily here.

OH has checked in for lunch and is away again with promises to call me now and again.

I am doing utility today angieh - hope your kitchen is as you want it and no wee paw prints find their way back to the doors!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
18-12-2010, 03:16 PM   #6

Glad to hear that CM. How deep is your snow?

Catsey Veteran

18-12-2010, 03:19 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
Glad to hear that CM. How deep is your snow?
Only about 4 inches just now, I do hope it stops soon.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
18-12-2010, 05:24 PM   #8

Well its snowing here the bed people have phoned to say they are still delivering!!!!! I know I have given away my excellent "old" bed frame and slept on the mattress on the floor last night, but I would rather that than they deliver to me its not life or death a bed delivery.

Walked over to Sainsburys with a shopping trolley and topped up, and got some milk/essentials/papers for a few elderly not so secure on feet neighbours . Loads of people out and about walking and a few cars but not many.

Have volunteered to go over to work within walking distance if people need to go early or can't get in.

Cleaned the bedroom and rejigged furniture. Just waiting for the bed now.

Took Sal out and she is still trying to figure out who is throwing snowballs at her....ho hum. Of course she is so trusting of me she does not consider me a suspect.......

Have fun everyone and stay safe, snowing here again now and sky is full of it and its sticking.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
18-12-2010, 05:28 PM   #9

Hi, all. sounds nasty weather you're having again! It's above freezing this morning, 1 C, (33 F). first time in days and the sun is trying to shine, woo hoo!! Safe trip to the market and back, going to be another stay-inside day; I have got to start wrapping. just cannot get in the mood. No news, all's quiet.

Sensible son, MrsH, a wise decision; lots of people here were stranded in their cars on the highway in the worst of the midwest blizzards ... stuck for hours. CM, glad hubby is OK; nice that you're pleased with the blind now. Angie, you've made me feel guilty at not doing a kitchen cleanup! Kazz, you are such a good neighbor... but tsk at snowballing poor trusting Sal!

Hope the snow lets up, do stay safe, warm and dry, friends!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
18-12-2010, 06:50 PM   #10

Evening everyone. Well we have about 9" snow here, it all looks very beautiful but very bad to drive in. Should have been attending a carol service at eldest son's church but had to cancell, also had to cancel the trip to Haworth tomorrow
Went to training with Malaika but only us and another person turned up. Did a bit but sent home early which was a bit of a swiz as we had made the effort to get there.
Built a snow basenji this afternoon and Tom came out to investigate, he realy seems to like the snow and rolls in it.