Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
16-12-2010, 11:40 AM   #1

Thrilling Thursday

Well I am sure its Thrilling for someone somewhere......

Here it is overcast with possibly snow in the sky, at the moment rain showers everynow and again but overall okay.

I have a dayoff today and had a lovely meal last night inly downside I forgot where we were meeting and had to pop home to check my email.

Anyhow hope you are all good today I have a few things to do get car winter service checking anitfreeze etc, and dismantle bed in preperation for delovery of a new bed tomorrow or Sat (my fault on the "confiused" del date I can't recall which I chose) Also maybe resituate the bed furniture not sure may do that Sat.
Food shopping to pick up and a bit of Xmas shopping.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
16-12-2010, 12:14 PM   #2

Re: Thrilling Thursday

Morning! It's viciously cold here. Boys have been off all week (1 month holiday for Christmas - do me a favour) and I'm juggling work with keeping them amused. Thankfully they play well together and Dominik can work the DVD/TV so they just get on whilst I get on! Today isn't too bad but workload was heavy yesterday and it was quite stressful.

Dominik has a birthday party this afternoon and tomorrow a play date + 2 more lined up for next week. Phew - he has SUCH a busy social life I hope the snow holds off as it's all out in the sticks which will mean slippery roads if it snows!

Me? I have a rotten cold which is slowly building into neuralgia and sinusitis - I can feel it. Glands in neck are swollen and throat/head are sore. I need to get some of that caffeine eye roll-on stuff to get rid of the dark circles under my eyes and make me at least par-resemble the human race

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
16-12-2010, 02:59 PM   #3

good afternoon everyone, it sunny here but really cold im told. My thursday is being spent in the house instead of going to work as i am loaded with the cold and didnt sleep a wink last night. On the plus side though, im doing some internet shopping because i cant go out to the shops today

How is everyone else getting on with their shopping? I only have a few things left to buy now

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
16-12-2010, 03:22 PM   #4

Just had a heavy rainstorm here. I made a batch of Nigella's Christmas Rocky Road the other day so I'm consoling myself with them to compensate for the rotten weather! I really should be getting the almond paste made for the cake, maybe I'll do it in a minute after another cup of tea!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
16-12-2010, 04:03 PM   #5

afternoon, you sound busy Kazz, hope you get your bedroom sorted.
Pamela i have more or less finished present shopping apart from a few bits and pieces. Will do food shop sometime next week. I finish work tomorrow so should in theory have plenty of time.
Yola sounds like you have two good boys there, able to amuse themselves.
MrsH, rocky roads sound nice i assume it's some type of biscuit.
Took Malaika a walk into the next village to post a card and have done neighbours, so getting there.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
16-12-2010, 05:10 PM   #6

Well home now and its SNOWING................

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
16-12-2010, 05:33 PM   #7

Aaaargh! It is snowing... first of the season ..... and sticking!!! 1-3" predicted,but as it started earlier than predicted it may be heavier??? Still bitterly cold, only minus 6 (21 F), but no wind chill as they have finally abated. Stuck indoors again, and probably tomorrow too; fortunately I had a grocery delivery yesterday.

Sorry you have snow too, Kazz, this Winter is off to a bad start. Yola, Pamela, hope your colds inprove very soon; wretched time of the year to be getting one; I finished my online shopping a while ago; everything has come but one item. FedEx's tracking # is not working today, yesterday it was but am getting an "invalid tracking #" message today...??? Weird. Hi, MrsH, Shelley.

On a cheerier note, we have picked up one minute of evening daylight: sunset is now at 4:47 pm, not the low of 4:46! Onward and upward!

Stay warm and dry, all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
16-12-2010, 07:49 PM   #8

Evening all! OH and I had our R&R today and we bought our Christmas tree and then went to the pub for our own "office Christmas party"!!! Which was much nicer than I remember office Christmas parties being in general. It has been cold and rainy with hail and sleet mixed in. It is going to freeze tonight and will be nasty tomorrow and nastier with snow forecast on Saturday. Sort of the same all over with worse again in Scotland and the North. Some papers are saying this will be the worst winter for over 100 years but I'm hoping that's just scaremongering.

We don't have to go out over the weekend for food, so will be keeping busy with housework and getting the decorations up.

Please keep safe and warm and dry peeps!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
16-12-2010, 09:13 PM   #9

Evening all. Out yesterday evening with friends yesterday and we had a great time.

Works do tomorrow evening.

Picked up our turkey yesterday and it is now in the freezer, just need to get the rest of the food wednesday evening and we will all be set for Christmas

Snowed here earlier but no more at the moment. Have a good evening everybody