Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
15-12-2010, 01:34 PM   #1

Where are you all Wednesday ?

Afternoon all,
bright and frosty here. Been out for the usual meet up with Malaika's friends in the park. Then home to thaw out.
Managed to groom Jerry with his new zoom groom brush, just have to tackle Tom now.
It is very difficult to groom these guys as they are so sensitive along their backs for some reason. Once i get past the shoulders they begin this perculiar twitching behaviour and sometimes even fall over
Tom for some reason has developed lots of felty knots.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
15-12-2010, 01:56 PM   #2

Re: Where are you all Wednesday ?

Afternoon Shelley and all who follow.

It's very draughty here today as yesterday evening when we were out at a Christmas market, "something" happened to the cat-flap and it was found in the garden, unfortunately broken so a new one is needed. I wish animals could talk then we could find out what happened but we suspect that Jason teased Morgan just once too often and got chased out of the kitchen, breaking the flap in the process, who knows? Anyway, hubby was going into town this morning and said he'd call into the petshop and buy a new one. He made a note of the brand, took the old flappy bit with him to make sure he got the right size but he still got it wrong! He bought one for a thick, solid door instead of for our panel door! So he 's going back to change it after his pub lunch with his Wednesday mates.

Hope everyone else's Wednesday is frustration free!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
15-12-2010, 05:04 PM   #3

Hi, Shelley, MrsH, those to follow. Bitter cold is hanging tough: minus 6 (22 F), wind chill minus 13!! Winds supposed to abate slowly and we may make freezing tomorrow. At least it's sunny!

Couldn't face the idea of going to the market in this weather so did an order: I'm very fussy about picking out my own fruit and vegetables but took a chance ... even if they don't suit exactly it beats freezing on the corner for 20 minutes waiting for the bus .... delivery will be here about quiz time tonight (3 pm our time). Speaking of that, hope to see some of you there...

Sorry about the cat flap, MrsH, if they could only talk! Do you think the Zoom groom is better than the Furminator, Shelley?

Hope all are well and warm ...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
15-12-2010, 06:30 PM   #4

Eileen,
have never tried a furminator but the zoom groom worked fine for a short while. I distracted him with a bowl of milk and managed to loosen some of the knots. May be a slow process though.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
15-12-2010, 07:04 PM   #5

hello all... Not long back from work - well, work and christmas shopping. Now all I wish to do is sleep! Hoping food will change that - soup will be ready shortly!

Will hope to be here for the quiz - but no promises how 'with it' I'll be!!!

Hope that days are going well!