Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh
14-12-2010, 09:55 PM   #1

It's the simple things...

We've been having a pretty rubbish time lately, what can go wrong has gone wrong, it feels like. Over the past few months we had to buy a new washing machine, we lost Tabatha the cat, we lost Tansy and Pipkin the guinea pigs, have struggled to keep our old animals warm and worried about them coping in the weather. Over this last few weeks we have to seriously face the prospect of losing Deli the dalmation soon. Donald and Pudding the cats are both now in renal failure. Misty, our 21 year old cat, has lost more weight, she has been in renal failure for quite awhile now, but the constant weight loss is not good. We have to take another urine sample and test for diabetes tonight because her last blood sample showed high blood sugar levels, the urine sample was negative at the time. Either way- if she is diabetic or her kidneys are causing the weight loss it is not good news. We have also discovered the landrover needs a new chassis, the one on it is rotten. We cannot be without a 4 wheel drive so have to get it fixed but it will take a lot of money and it will take time to get it done- if more snow comes like recently and we don't have the 4x4 we will be snowed in.

Today and elderly couple, who have a terminally ill cat, came in with a pressie for me at work. It was a real pick me up.

It kindness from people, like yourselves and like this couple that sometimes makes things worthwhile.

Thank you.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
14-12-2010, 11:08 PM   #2

Re: It's the simple things...

What a nice surprise and surely you deserve it.
I hope it all slows down a bit for you and you will start to have better news, all things considered.
You must be a very strong person for all that you do, I know there are many who appreciate it.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
14-12-2010, 11:46 PM   #3

I have the greatest admiration for you both and what you do for your animals, farthing; you go the last mile for them.... sorry things have been so rough lately. I do hope you can get the 4 wheeler repaired soon. And how kind of the couple ... you deserved it!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
14-12-2010, 11:53 PM   #4

I can onlt echo what has been said Farthing, you are a god send to your animals...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
15-12-2010, 12:19 AM   #5

((((HUGS)))) farthing. I am so glad that couple showed how much they appreciate what you do. You have my admiration and respect too.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
15-12-2010, 10:11 AM   #6

Farthing, I can wholly empathise with your situation; we too have had a most horrible year with the prospect of more to come maybe. And yes - it's the small, simple gestures (in my case like Kazz here sending me a 'cheer up' card), that restores your faith in human nature and makes you smile again.

I hope your car is back on track () again soon and your sick pets hang on in there for a while yet.

Cats owned: Totoiseshell short hair
15-12-2010, 11:33 AM   #7

I can really only echo what the other posters have said in this thread, Farthing. You must be a very strong person, indeed.

I, too, am in the midst of a horrible situation and I can totally empathise with you right now. It's at times like these that little kind gestures really mean something.

Hang in there.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
15-12-2010, 08:05 PM   #8

We have had a dreadful year too. Only tbing i can say is to take each day as it comes. For ailing pets treat each & every day as a precous bonus.

Awful re the car

Hugs xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
15-12-2010, 09:59 PM   #9

so sorry you are feeling so bad, Farthing.
You are a very special person to be able to do what you do.
I know i couldn't cope.
I do hope you get some realy nice things happening to balance things out.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
15-12-2010, 11:18 PM   #10

I wish I could say something really uplifting and help make it all go away. It is really unfortunate that thecar needs repaired.

I know you are realistic enough to accept that you give old, sick and unwanted animals a wonderful life where they are given every opportunity to function as well as they possibly can for as long as they can. The downside is that, because they are old, sick or unwanted they will cause you a great deal of heartache.

Noone could do more or be as supportive to the animals you take on. You have my admiration and support as well as (((hugs))).

A better day is just around the corner.