Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
14-12-2010, 11:47 AM   #1

Tuesday daily

Morning all

On my way to work shortly. And first of all apologies for the Quiz, I am going out tomorrow night (just arranged it) and will also be out next Wednesday too a meal out for friends we are now numbering about 20 odd. So apologies before hand, note me in the minutes.

Right here we go then I hope everyone is still warm, well and able to get about freely. It seems the snow may be back and the paper says maybe a white Christmas too.

Anyhow have a good day all I am off to work as I say, so play nicely.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
14-12-2010, 12:57 PM   #2

Re: Tuesday daily

Morning all, just
Been for a walk with Malaika to meet her friends.
Now i need to get on with some jobs and perhaps wrapping.
Off to a friends this afternoon.
See you all later.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
14-12-2010, 01:41 PM   #3

Hi Kazz, Shelley and all to follow. Bit of a gloomy day here, but no frost. OH is playing golf today and has taken his waterproofs in case.

I have spoken to the woman who runs our local cat rescue this morning. It may be that we take Harley over next Monday, need to check with OH that he's not planned anything so can stay with his mum. Next Monday is not ideal for me, as I've had the mammogram call for that day. I do so hate it, but realise it's a good thing to keep check on.

Sorry you won't be at the quiz this week or next Kazz - but I hope you have a great time doing whatever it is you are doing! You deserve to have a good time. So do you Shelley - enjoy seeing your friend!

See ya later, alligators!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
14-12-2010, 05:30 PM   #4

Brrr! Brutally cold along the entire East Coast, even down to Florida. It is minus 7 now, (20 F), wind chill minus 12!! Absolutely not going out in this, even though I'm low on fresh fruit and vegetables (all else well stocked); that's why I keep tins of fruit and frozen veggies on hand. Sun is out but wind howling still; we had about 1/4" snow over night, most has blown away now, the fine powdery stuff. Leia hasn't budged from the radiator except to use the tray and eat. The boiler is doing it's thing but the house is chilly, wearing layers ... how I hate Winter! Could be worse, though ...

We'll miss you at the quiz tomorrow, Kazz, hope you have a great time with your friends. Angie, hope Harley will be sorted; bad timing with the (ugh!) mammogram coming up. Glad Malaika had a good walk, Shelley.

Stay warm and dry.....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
14-12-2010, 05:45 PM   #5

Hi all... Sorry for my absence recently... energy at a bit of a low, given all the extra's that this time of year brings with it, and the lack of light in general. Glad to say that today has actually been warmish, though we're expecting frost and the like soon... and that snowfall stuff is hanging over our heads again - apparently coming on Thurs, if you believe the weather!

I'm relying on bus travel a lot just now - parking at work is atrocious, but am going to be driving some friends over to Dundee for a concert we're going to this evening... am hoping will get parked OK - tbh beyond the sudden single file traffic from abandoned cars, I'm finding the parking issue is the worst bit about driving anywhere - the rest is managable with a bit of care!

Hope all goes well for everyone.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
14-12-2010, 06:14 PM   #6

hi, everyone.
woke up to a thunderstorm this morning.
there have been landslides in our county but luckily we are not affected by the downpour of rain. our river is quite high though, we were out yesterday and peeked at it.
finished wrapping all the prezzies last night--everything's done as i braved the post office yesterday to send out my parents gifts. line was long but it went fast enough and i'm sure it'll only get worse these upcoming weeks so a relief that was done with.
getting used to new meds so been having a lot of impromptu naps. fell asleep last night before i put the second playgroup of ferrets to bed..poor k was asleep on the couch this AM when i woke to the storm (he can't sleep with the ferrets b/c they nibble his toes, i on the other hand am quite used to it) on the upside ferrets were totally exhausted and passed out quite easily once i woke up and "put them to bed" at 7am after i realized what i'd done..i think they could get used to this just fine but poor k
showers all week long, ground very soggy..may turn to snow by the end of the week, i think our warm temps in our favor will sadly be leaving us and we've run out of luck, lol.
may be a white christmas after all.
received a few lovely cards (especially from eileen ), afraid i have been slacking in that area and i should concentrate on that next this week! first i need to get more stamps..
picked up a few books at library yesterday just in case weather gets too horrible i like to be stocked with extra books to read in times like that.
have a good day, all

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
14-12-2010, 06:44 PM   #7

Thank you Angie, i did have a nice chat with my friend this afternoon, the naughty lady tried to tempt me to but some antique dolls she has for sale, i fell in love with one but had to resist
I do hope the shelter will take Harley and hope your mammogram goes ok. I had my first this year and it wasn't as bad as i expected.
Eileen it sounds freezing where you are, good job you have plenty of frozen veg.
Kate, hope you get to your concert alright and that you enjoy it.
Tink your tale of the ferrets being left out and nibbling toes made me smile, don't think i'd like them to nibble mine
Sorry you can't make the quiz, Kazz but have fun.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
14-12-2010, 09:10 PM   #8

I had to giggle at ferret toe-nibbling, but remember that they have sharp teeth! OH still gets "pipped" in the night - Pip tries to get at his toes under the bed clothes, but being a good boy Pip does not use claws! Me being a lot shorter than OH never gets pipped!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
14-12-2010, 10:52 PM   #9

lol they don't nip mine too much anymore because i will just push them off the bed or roll over but k will jump and yelp so of course it is great fun to nip his toes. the thing they really do to me is the most is dig at my ankles like they want to burrow inside my skin..and even if their toenails have been trimmed it's still sharp..that usually can be remedied if i wear knee high socks, they never bother above the knee for some reason however i do have one ferret that socks makes him want to do it even more and that's cooper but lucky for me he is an old man and finds it too tiresome to crawl onto the bed with us

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
14-12-2010, 11:58 PM   #10

evening everyone, sorry for the late post. Got up this morn and had a busy day. Out at 1030am and this is me only jst getting home. I was at my 6year old nieces nativity play today and it was so nice, always really kick starts christmas when you see the little 1s doing their thing. Was also babysitting the kids tonight so my sister could get a break from them!!! Nice relaxing nite for me once they went to their rooms, eastenders, rivercity then turner and hooch!!

Hope everyone had a nice evening x