Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
13-12-2010, 01:16 PM   #1

Makeover Monday!

Steve's here he turned up just before 8.30 and has been busily fitting my new oven, hob and extractor! Such a relief that it's been done, we'll be able to roast the goose at Christmas after all, Hurrah!

Hope your Monday is as great as mine!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
13-12-2010, 05:07 PM   #2

Re: Makeover Monday!

Hi MrsH and those to follow; what excellent news that the oven is in!! Starting the week happily

Sunny and very cold here, snow flurries overnight but just a dusting; minus 2 (29 F) now, wind chill minus 4! Should have gone to the market and library but put it off till tomorrow; it's just so cold with the biting wind waiting for the bus. Will probably be just as bad tomorrow No news, just a pottering indoors day.

Hope all are well and keeping warm!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
13-12-2010, 05:51 PM   #3

Hi MrsH, Eileen - anyone who follows. I've had a jolly today and been out for high tea with a couple of ladies that I do work for. Finger sandwiches, scone with jam and cream, mince pie and chocolate roll; mulled wine to start and loads of hot tea. Scrumptious but very glad I didn't eat lunch and I do seriously doubt any room for supper!

Not much else to report today ..... except Pip lost a vole under our bed this morning. It may still be there!

Keep warm and safe peeps. I've heard that more snow is due here on Thursday.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
13-12-2010, 06:30 PM   #4

Hi all, So pleased your oven is being fitted in time MrsH, think pottering indoors sounds just about right for a day like that DM. Angieh - hope the vole is caught soon!!

Finished my blind for the kitchen - quite pleased with it although is a bit too heavy I think. Never mind, it's better than the shredded net that was there before.

Having a carry out Indian Meal for a treat tonight. Just trying to decide what to choose.

Enjoy the evening peeps.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
13-12-2010, 07:31 PM   #5

Evening ladies! just popping in before dashing off to do some packing. Cards all sent off, I really must cut down though it's so expensive now. Maybe ecards next time eh?

Ceri has been not too well today, very tired and loss of appetite. Seems a little confused today, must make him drink more water, it may help. His one kidney was damaged in hospital and his salts get raised, that is probably the reason.

Good news about your oven MrsH, that high tea sounds lovely Angie, enjoy your take-out Indian CM, Keep warm Eileen, we may be joining in the shivering again soon
Have plans to see my relatives this w/e , hope the snow doesn't spoil it

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
13-12-2010, 11:33 PM   #6

A late check in for me, feeling a bit manic at the moment
MrsH, glad your oven is in.
Eileen, hope you had a nice day pottering.
Angie, your high tea sounds wonderful, as does you indian take away CM.
PP, hope Ceri is feeling better soon.
I worked a full day today, it was the children's christmas party and Father Christmas arrived on Harley Davison along with his helpers, they were from the red rose chapter.
Finished putting the deccies up when i got home, had to take the lights off the tree due to Malaika chewing two lit bulbs :O

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh called pip!
14-12-2010, 01:42 AM   #7

ahem evening all lol! im a bit late as its tuesday already! hope you caught that vole before bed!! i've been having a bit of bother getting on here, my page keeps freezing and i have to shut it down so i havent been on at all this weekend! seems to be working alright for the minute....
had works night out on saturday, only 6 out of 14 of us went, was good, nice food and a band. today pip was sick, but hes been eating the plastic xmas tree!!! i check him every time i see him at at, and after he was sick, he went and tried to nibble on it again!! hes fine now, might have to lock him out the living room!! i thought it would be a better idea to let him sniff about it before i put it up, so tinsel still to follow! oh the joys of having a kitten away to bed now, hopefully it'l let me in tomorrow!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
14-12-2010, 02:52 AM   #8

lynz, sorry you've had trouble logging on, so annoying; hope it'll be OK tomorrow. I hope Angie found the vole too. I think I'd lock Pip out of the room also so he won't nibble on the tree overnight.