Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 cats black/white and one tabby
24-12-2008, 06:09 PM   #1

Rescue 14 year old Suzie

I've found out more about Suzie's history. How someone can BE like this I do NOT know!

Suzie's owners got a new kitten, Suzie started suffering from anxiety because of new kitten so they took her to the vets (Suzie I mean). They wanted her PTS even though she'd been with them ever since kittenhood and there was nothing wrong with her. The vet prescribed tablets to help with her anxiety, but the people brought her back barely trying her on the tablets! They wanted her put to sleep again but the vet said no and contacted the charity.

From the sounds of it they are the sort of people (Suzie's old owners I mean) who would get rid of a cat for any excuse because they grow up out of kittenhood

Sorry about the rant, just had to get it out of my system before I explode!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
24-12-2008, 09:57 PM   #2

Re: Rescue 14 year old Suzie

What a sad, sad commentary on some people and their attitude that pets are a disposable commodity... Hope Suzie finds a loving home where she'll be cherished and loved.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
24-12-2008, 11:53 PM   #3

That's wicked. What sadness for poor Suzie - she could still have years of happiness ahead. I know that an elderly cat can give you wonderful company even though they can cause a lot of worry. I would never even think of abandoning Merlin - I love him much too much.

Catsey Veteran

25-12-2008, 09:15 PM   #4

I think I mentioned that she was a perfectly healthy 14 year young didn't I? Plays like a kitten, apart from when kittens are around, then she gets stressed. Adult cats she's fine with! It's just kittens she's not (chases them away from her)

Catsey Veteran

30-12-2008, 09:38 PM   #5

Hope what I put in post 1 made sense - was too mad to think straight

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH Cats
30-12-2008, 09:50 PM   #6

How could anyone have the heart to do that to a cat they have had for that long. I wonder how people can do things like that...I will never understand. Poor kitties get caught in the middle Hope sweet Suzie will get the home she deserves