Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: domestic short hair (2)
24-11-2008, 01:02 AM   #1

Snow!!!!

What was your cats' first reactions to snow?

Snow never really fazed Miw at all......a slight pause before steping on it the first time and then it was like she didn't even notice it!

Today however, was the first time Mousie ever came into contact with snow LOL wish I had got pics! We took her out on her harness this afternoon and she was fine as we went across the drive which was pretty much clear. We got to the edge of the lawn and she sort of stopped and looked.....seemed a bit confused that the grass had turned white. Then, she spotted a bird on the lawn.....and LEAPT right into the middle of a snowdrift and proceeded to sink up to her belly! The look of absolute horror on her face was hilarious!! She stood perfectly still......afraid to move, or couldn't move for about 30 seconds........then tunelled/bounded back to the drive and gave us the most filthy "if looks could kill" look before flicking her tail at us and walking back to the door LOL!

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: nnnnnn
24-11-2008, 01:11 AM   #2

Re: Snow!!!!

Awwwwwww!!

Elvis was fascinated by snow when he was younger, dont think he minds now! Tay hasnt been out in it yet!

Catsey Senior

24-11-2008, 01:20 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvisisboss
Awwwwwww!!

Elvis was fascinated by snow when he was younger, dont think he minds now! Tay hasnt been out in it yet!

Make sure you have your camera ready for that first experience with Tay LOL!!! I SOOOO wish I had got pics of the look on Mousie's face........I swear her mouth dropped open in shock LOL!

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: nnnnnn
24-11-2008, 01:34 AM   #4

haha awww!! must be really cold on there little paws?! i wish i had pics of Elvis!!

my camera is always on hand haha!!

Catsey Senior

24-11-2008, 01:38 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvisisboss
haha awww!! must be really cold on there little paws?! i wish i had pics of Elvis!!

my camera is always on hand haha!!
I think it was more the shock of the cold on her belly (she sank right into the snow!) then the cold on her paws LOL! She leaped into the deepest part!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
24-11-2008, 03:32 AM   #6

None of mine but Sultan would go out in it...a look of surprise that everything was all white and cold, a few tentative steps and then a mad dash for the door inside where it was warm. Sultan would walk about 3 - 4 feet, shaking each paw with a look of utter disgust then give up. I was camera-less back then, no pics, regretfully. And Leia isn't harness trained ......

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
24-11-2008, 10:51 AM   #7

Ferdy was an old outdoor bruiser so it never bothered him. Balie just wouldn't entertain stepping outside (after his one and only attempt) and Fifi would pick her way uncomfortably through the snow and head for the back door at the earliest opportunity!! See . . .

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
24-11-2008, 04:55 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by yola
Ferdy was an old outdoor bruiser so it never bothered him. Balie just wouldn't entertain stepping outside (after his one and only attempt) and Fifi would pick her way uncomfortably through the snow and head for the back door at the earliest opportunity!! See . . .

Awww bless her, she wants no part of that nasty cold wet stuff! Great pic, Yola!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 cats black/white and one tabby
24-11-2008, 07:04 PM   #9

Beauty's reponse was always "What the heck is this nasty cold stuff???". Dylan's response is "I AM NOT STAYING OUT HERE!!!" *gone*

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
24-11-2008, 09:05 PM   #10

Tolly pretends it's not there and is great fun to throw snowballs for.
Cleo is scared of it and Smudge doesn't get very far because she shakes each paw every time it has touched snow.