Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: All types
mattde is Male
20-11-2008, 12:21 PM   #11

Re: New Kitten advice

Hay Yola, No I don't specialize in animal portraiture but i give it a good go. i like to take natural none posed shots, then the odd shot thats completely posed, i.e cat with santa hat

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
20-11-2008, 05:30 PM   #12

Any tips on how to get them to sit still enough for a posed pic? Took me three days to get Leia with a pumpkin and the final result wasn't that great ......

Catsey Senior

mattde is Male
20-11-2008, 06:55 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
Any tips on how to get them to sit still enough for a posed pic? Took me three days to get Leia with a pumpkin and the final result wasn't that great ......
I would say you need a helper, I get my girlfriend to distract them, while I take the shot. Also a fast shutter speed and perseverance is key.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
20-11-2008, 09:13 PM   #14

I can manage one out of three then! Retired, live alone, camera is a little point-and-shoot Nikon Coolpix L2, but I have perseverance by the bucketload! Am still trying for a pic with Christmas ornaments, and Leia is very photogenic!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
20-11-2008, 09:35 PM   #15

The only thing I would add is let them eat then put them on the litter tray as soon as they have finished. One things seems to follow the other when they are kittens and once they have got the hang of 'OK this is the loo' most kittens are very clean.
Enjoy, and please put health warnings on any cute photos so those of us fighting the urge to increase the cat family know not to look!

Catsey Senior

mattde is Male
20-11-2008, 11:14 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
I can manage one out of three then! Retired, live alone, camera is a little point-and-shoot Nikon Coolpix L2, but I have perseverance by the bucketload! Am still trying for a pic with Christmas ornaments, and Leia is very photogenic!
Try your camera in sports mode, should hopefully give you a fast shutter speed. Good things come to those who wait, I'm sure you will get the shot you want. I want to do Christmas cards with the kittens on , girlfriend thinks I'm mad .

Catsey Senior

mattde is Male
20-11-2008, 11:17 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by cats' staff
The only thing I would add is let them eat then put them on the litter tray as soon as they have finished. One things seems to follow the other when they are kittens and once they have got the hang of 'OK this is the loo' most kittens are very clean.
Enjoy, and please put health warnings on any cute photos so those of us fighting the urge to increase the cat family know not to look!
Thanks for the tip makes a lot of sense.
Only have to wait till tomorrow night to pick them up

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: domestic short hair (2)
21-11-2008, 12:43 AM   #18

Looks like everyone's covered all the advice. Only thing I would mention with regard to toys, is to keep ones with any kind of string, elastic, etc out of reach to be played with under supervision only......our oldest cat almost strangled herself with a feather boa when she was about 12 weeks old!

With regards to pics.....can't wait to see them! And if you manage to get pics of them in santa hats at Christmas and post them here.....I will be VERY impressed! Tried to get a santa hat and reindeer horns on my cats last Christmas.......I still have the scars! LOL!

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: nnnnnn
21-11-2008, 03:36 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattde
Hay Yola, No I don't specialize in animal portraiture but i give it a good go. i like to take natural none posed shots, then the odd shot thats completely posed, i.e cat with santa hat
ooo i love photography! id love to get into it! really want to do some courses! cant wait to see your pics!

i took 4,876 pictures in the last year!!! just of my puppy (no longer with me) and my kitten!! in a year!!

i LOVE getting a great shot or a action one! once took 178 just to get 4 good pics!!