Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
23-06-2006, 01:12 PM   #21

Re: Does anyone feed a BARF diet to their Cats?

Thanks for that Fran! I give Caleb whole raw eggs too and garlic and naturezyme supplement. He doesn't seem too keen or fish, not even sardines.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1
23-06-2006, 02:07 PM   #22

We used Landywood for a while and they were very unreliable. It was at work where we use 400lb chicken and 100lb tripe each month. The chicken was rotton on a lot of occasions, it stunk and was green. They delivered it in an estate car. They often didnt turn up and let us down on a number of occasions. I believe (although some are having problems again) that they are running a better service now they are in new premises. We now use http://www.tpms.co.uk I was invited (and my boss) to inspect their premises and look at everything that went on, we were very impressed. They have never let us down and do a huge range.
Dawn.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
23-06-2006, 02:15 PM   #23

I can honestly say I have never had a problem with Landywoods. The meat and bones have always come in a refrigerated van and I have never had any meat that didn't look or smell fresh. I have never found them to be unreliable at all

I looked at the link Dawn. I can't find any type of rib bones, did I miss them? and is there a price list on the site?

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: longhair
23-06-2006, 04:19 PM   #24

I'd love to feed raw to Lily! She has the fish heads when we have trout and I've got some heart in the freezer that we had for Murph....how do you feed it? In chunks or minced? She actually does raw feed herself I'm sure because she's turning into a really succesful hunter! Not what I like but she's doing what comes naturally!

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Moggies
25-06-2006, 12:19 PM   #25

I keep debating with raw, but would be too wary of them not getting the right nutrients. I did get them raw mince for PEbbles's birthday, and the only one who woudl eat it raw was Ginger - and he has no teeth!! Not sure what treat I would get them for Ginger's birthday in August - is raw fish OK to give them?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1
25-06-2006, 12:48 PM   #26

Yes raw fish is fine.

I think they do rib bones Fran, no prices on there though, thats a bit annoying!! Im not sure how far they deliver north. I can only speak as I find with Landywoods, we had no end of problems and did often get smelly green chicken, an "Asian" festival they blamed one time! They are very local to us, so a good supplier close by would of been ideal.
Dawn.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
25-06-2006, 02:38 PM   #27

http://www.shirleys-wellness-cafe.com/felinekidney.htm

Was doing some reading about CRF today and came across this, I found it very interesting. Have thought on and off about raw feeding but am seriously thinking that it is the way to go and may try introding it to Bernie and Eva in the very near future. Added benefit for me is that my dad is a butcher.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
25-06-2006, 03:26 PM   #28

Here is the link about recipes, purchasing grinders etc etc.
I'm still keen, for when the lads are bigger

http://www.catnutrition.org/pictorial.html

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 4 English Moggies
25-06-2006, 04:35 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by borderdawn
I feed my dogs BARF and occasionally Naturediet, just wondered whether any of you feed BARF to your Cats? Mine get raw Fish, and hearts, but thats it.
Dawn,
I dont feed my cats the barf diet on purpose they just help themselves to the dogs dinner (always barf) if any is left. I think if I did give them a barf diet they would miss that lovely sound of a tin being opened.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
25-06-2006, 04:42 PM   #30

So is it all as messy and complicated as it seems with regards to all the supplements etc?
If any of you give it to cats, how easy was the transition? Did they take to it imediately or was it introduced very gradually?