Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
17-06-2021, 05:52 AM   #1

Cold,,wet Thursday.

Good morning everyone.
It's just after 4pm here , and oh boy, it's sooooo cold BUT I am not going to moan, as I remember moaning about the heat all summer, and praying for winter to come.It's been raining all day too and i have a load of wet washing hanging around.My lounge is very big and takes ages to heat up. I've only just turned the heat pump on now and the cats are miserable. I've got it up really high so if I keep the doors closed, then hopefully it should start to get warmer soon.

Had a wonderful lunch today at the Dux with my friend - we both had pea and halloumi fritters with polenta fries. Just going to have the rest of the mince left over from last night for our tea tonight.

I got my refund for the little clothing set that i purchased from trademe yesterday, so i gave the trader some nice feedback. This afternoon, I went online and managed to get a different set in the size I wanted - a pair of "slasher " leggings and a top to match, the brand name being "Little Flock of Horrors" Fancy calling a children's brand of clothing such a weird name.No wonder we have such a high number of little brats here in NZ !!! However, it is lovely clothing and will be nice and warm for one of my grandchildren.

PAMELA, that nature park sounds like a lovely place for walks, and fancy seeing a deer. I agree, they are beautiful creatures. Isn't it hard typing with only one hand and a cat hanging onto the other hand ? Darling Skye. I hope she is feeling better now. AND fancy Harris catching moles He's bringing them inside as gifts to you . I know it's terrible when he kills them but he is a cat and a predator, so you can't blame him.And you do have to let him outside if he wants to go out, because if you don't ,he'll yowl the place down. Hopefully, the local mole population will wise up and keep right away.

SHELLEY,, hope you had a lovely catch-up with your friend yesterday and a good day off work.

Well, I'm off to take out that mince. Might turn it into a pie and put a kumara topping on it.

Have a good Thursday everyone and enjoy your nice weather.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
17-06-2021, 07:58 AM   #2

Re: Cold,,wet Thursday.

Hello everyone, tried to post yesterday but it kept freezing so after 2 attempts I gave up.
I had a nice visit with my friend,I took her to a local garden centre and then a nature reserve.
This was only the second time she's been out since lockdown apart from medical appointments.
Saw a family of swans, mum was looking after the 3 cygnets whilst dad took it easy on the grass.
Pamela its surprising what you see when you're walking.
Dinky the vegetarian restaurant sounds lovely.
Well done completing 2 parts of your bible study.
We are looking at Paul's first letter to the thessalonians, I enjoy the discussion.