Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
16-06-2021, 05:48 AM   #1

Good Wednesday.

Hi everyone and welcome to Wednesday. Gosh ,the weeks are going by quickly.It's early evening here and it's been a cold day, but no rain as yet. Cats ,as usual, are lying in the lounge on all the chairs because the heat pump is going at 23 degrees and they're loving it. We have to sit on the floor !!

Have had a quiet week so far. I've been doing some of my Bible course and now have two lessons to send away, including one rather long essay on kindness. i sure needed that today because I bought a little outfit on trademe for one of my grandchildren in a size 2, and then the trader tells me he doesn't have a size 2 despite advertising one. I was so cross, but managed to keep my big mouth shut. He said he'd refund my money, but as yet, it hasn't shown up. Don't know how long my kindness is going to last !!!

Still no word of when we're going to receive our covid vaccines. .Everything is so very slow .Mince for tea tonight with green beans and broccoli fries. Honestly I seem to have been nibbling on food all day today and it's not good food either. Must be the colder weather, but I 've got to try and stop it. Tomorrow I'm having lunch with a friend at the Dux De Lux, a great vegetarian restaurant. i used to go there a lot, so am looking forward to it. She lost her beautiful black and white exotic cat, Trouble, last week, on the road. Trouble never ever went near the road and was very seldom outside, but evidently he was spooked by a dog.She has another exotic, but naturally is very upset. We all know what it's like.

PAMELA,wow,what an exciting time you're having and what great plans for the future. That evening course in accountancy sounds a brilliant idea and will serve you well when you and Steven open your own business.You go for it, girl, and all the very best.I'm glad you now have another car. Yes, i agree that cars are very handy for vet visits etc.AND a new bike as well. Hope your friend is able to sort out the suspension for you at the weekend.Glad your second vaccine went OK for you both with no side effects. What a relief that you now are protected. Lucky you. i hope you're not a bit sore after your run the other night. it must have been good to get back into it again after nearly 3 weeks off.

SHELLEY sounds as if you and the pups had a great weekend at your car boot sales. We don't seem to have them here but we do have a lot of garage sales Mr Basrais sounds like a great restaurant to visit.I'm pleased that Mrs Swan is now off the nest. I can't help but feel sorry for her.You'll be looking forward to going back to Scotland in July again. I hope your dad is enjoying himself there at the moment.Enjoy your day off tomorrow and your time with your friend.

KAZZ and YOLA, hope all is well with you both.

Well everyone, I'll go and prepare the tea now. Looking forward to a good night of TV watching tonight.

Have a good day everyone.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
16-06-2021, 08:48 PM   #2

Re: Good Wednesday.

Good evening Dinky, lovely to see you posting

Sounds like your cats are spoiled by getting the seats!! Well done on completing 2 of your bible study classes. I do hope your refund appears in the bank soon, working in the bank i do know it can take a couple of days for it to appear so fingers crossed!! I hope you start to get vaccines soon, although our figures are starting to go up again at the moment but it seems to be in people who either havent had it yet or have only had the first one.

Your lunch tomorrow sounds good, i do hope you enjoy your catch up with your friend sorry to hear she lost he cat, i can only imagine how upset her other little one is.

I have just been for a lovely 5mile walk with my friend around our country park, it has lots of trails in it and is very beautiful to walk round, we even saw a deer tonight. They are such beautiful animals. I was ok after my run, a little sore but not too bad. I am actually enjoying the break from running at the moment if i am honest.

Iam trying to type on my laptop and i have Skye either trying to force my hand with her head or try to lick me when i use my left hand to type so i am typing one handed !!

Harris has brought us in a present the last 2 days!! He brought a mole in yesterday that was convulsing its body the way a cat does when its got a furball. I managed to get it off him and keep it under a large plastic container until i got ready and was going to release it but the poor wee thing died before i could do it. He brought us in one this morning again but this was properly alive and tried to run around my kitchen floor when he dropped it but he picked it up and killed it in front of me before i could get it away from him!! He is such an evil wee hunter!! Would love to stop him going out but i cant as he meows to get out until you actually let him out and he is happy going out.

Shelley i hope you enjoy your catch up with your friend.