Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
08-01-2011, 11:38 AM   #1

Sunny but snowy Saturday...

Or it is here at any rate!

Morning all... Quiet start for the day here... other than the little one whose high on catnip right now and seems to be having a ball.

Hope all goes well with you. Got your girls back yet CM?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
08-01-2011, 12:42 PM   #2

Re: Sunny but snowy Saturday...

Morning all, wet and windy here today, taking Xmas decs down today and cooking Jamie oliver's wonky pasta for dinner tonight. Have a good one everybody ...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
08-01-2011, 01:12 PM   #3

morning everyone, we have snw aswell yet again. Had a lazy morning as its the OH's borthday today so juts deciding what he wants to do today.

Unfortunately cant do his first choice of playing golf but theres always crazy golf which is indoors

Hope you all have a great day xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
08-01-2011, 03:43 PM   #4

Hi all! Happy Saturday to you. Blue skies here and dry, no snow. 6C atm - not as mild as yesterday but not bad. Bulbs seem to be pushing up shoots in the garden ..... and birds are beginning to sing, a bit prematurely perhaps, but the sound is so lovely and welcome.

Not too much to do today, finishing off yesterday's laundry and will try and make a cream of celery soup this afternoon for supper. Look forward to hearing what your wonky pasta is like Emma!

Pamela - my OH's birthday was yesterday and to celebrate he is playing golf twice next week!!! If he's not out playing golf he now has Tiger Woods on the Wii that he had for Christmas (whata-mistakea-tamakea!)

Have a good day everyone.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
08-01-2011, 03:58 PM   #5

Hi all.

Snow here today but now sunny.

Girls home from vet. Izzi quite laid back about it all. Bloods today were slightly better. He's sent a sample off for further ?wider? testing but in his opinion there is nothing untoward with her - just to be sure.

Breagh is a wee monster. Vet said they were both quiet and not worried re stitches. OH went to pick them up as road is really icey. Did he ask about a collar for them - no! So Breagh has now managed to remove a stitch, I have dug out the old elizabethan collar I had for Kinsi and put it on her - she is not impressed.

Now waiting for vet to call back so I know whether she needs to go back for the stitch to be put back - honestly, I'd have put them both in collars for at least the first few days.

Not much else doing here - just enjoying the day with my girlies and glad I'm not needing to be out and about in that snow.

Have a great day peeps

Edited to say - vet wants her back in for stitch so OH away back with her. She was not impressed - actually growled at me!! Her first angry words

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
08-01-2011, 04:10 PM   #6

Glad you've got them both home safe with you CM, and hope that those wider blood tests come back clear.

Sorry to hear abotu Breagh getting a stitch out already. Must admit, that sounds like the hardest part of post op stuff to keep on top of... well, possibly other than not jumping. And am sure she's horrified about having to wear the collar!!! Glad Izzi is being calm about it though.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
08-01-2011, 04:27 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrel
Glad you've got them both home safe with you CM, and hope that those wider blood tests come back clear.

Sorry to hear abotu Breagh getting a stitch out already. Must admit, that sounds like the hardest part of post op stuff to keep on top of... well, possibly other than not jumping. And am sure she's horrified about having to wear the collar!!! Glad Izzi is being calm about it though.
Walking backwards until you call her. Then she sits down and looks pathetic!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
08-01-2011, 05:06 PM   #8

Hi all! . Light snow overnight, enough to stick on the grass and cars, streets and pavement OK.Still below normal temps: minus 2, (29 F), cloudy and rather dismal. No errands, pottering.

I'd love to see some bud shoots in the garden or hear the birds again, but the forecast is for below normal for at least the next week ... roll on Spring!

Glad the girls are home, CM; what a pity about the stitch. Leia was a very good girl, no collar and never bothered hers, bless her; same with Misty. I must look up that cookbook; probably could download it on my new Christmas Kindle; it sounds interesting. Chinese dinner tonight, miso soup and shrimp shiu mai. Belated Happy Birthday to both OHs. Hi, Squirrel and Pamela!

Stay warm and dry!

Catsey Veteran

08-01-2011, 05:10 PM   #9

So glad they are (or will be!) safely at home again CM. Gentle cuddles around the collar from me. Those collars ARE a nightmare, both for cat and owner. Wouldn't you think that by now someone would have come up with something just as useful but less cumbersome?

I agree I'd keep the collars on if you and the girls can possibly bear it - are they dissolvable (sp?) or will you have to take them back to have the stitches removed?

Catsey Veteran

08-01-2011, 05:13 PM   #10

Hi Eileen ................. I have a question! I bought a variety of packet Miso soup with sea vegetables a while ago and I can't say I like it at all ......... would you say it is an acquired taste?