Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
07-01-2011, 06:45 PM   #11

Re: Friday Daily

Sorry you're without the girls over night, but glad to know it's not as serious as it could be. And in some ways it useful the vets keep their eye on them over the first night anyway - have seen some articles online which suggest some vets prefer that...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
07-01-2011, 06:51 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
Glad all has gone well but concerned about the dehydration, but then I suppose pre-op you had to withdraw water as well as food?
Yes, no water after tea last night. So, couldn't really tell him when she last drank anything. He said she is a young very healthy cat so he's 95% sure tomorrows bloods will be better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrel
Sorry you're without the girls over night, but glad to know it's not as serious as it could be. And in some ways it useful the vets keep their eye on them over the first night anyway - have seen some articles online which suggest some vets prefer that...
The house seems very quiet! I have been going to my vet for many years and he knows I'm reasonably sensible so is usually happy for me to have them home same day, even if a bit groggy. However, I'd always acccept his advice - and tomorrow's not that far off.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
07-01-2011, 07:56 PM   #13

Hi, all!
Steadily soggy here--I'm watching our koi pond water rise steadily!~
Have purchased a drinking fountain for the cats online. Can't wait till it gets here to see what they think.
CM, so glad the girls came through fine. I'm sure the dehydration theory is most likely correct. Bet you will be glad to get them tomorrow in any case!
Have a good day, all

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
07-01-2011, 08:06 PM   #14

Tink i will be interested to see what the water fountain looks like and what your gang think of it.
CM, glad the girls are ok, shame about Izzy but i'm sure everything will be fine tomorrow.
Different vets have different ideas, i'm pretty sure that when Tom had his op, he had his tea the day before and then nothing to eat untill post op, however i think he was allowed water untill late at night or even the next morning.

Catsey Veteran

07-01-2011, 08:14 PM   #15

I will let you know, Shelley. Here is the model I ordered--
http://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-Pet-60...4427559&sr=1-1

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
07-01-2011, 09:04 PM   #16

Just to say re drinking fountain (and I've not checked whether it's the same model or not) - I really bought ours for Pip to try and wean him off wanting the tap turned on every so often, but he doesn't use the fountain. Kizzy however loves it and drinks from it every day. She was a little alarmed at first when it gurgled at her, but she ignores that now. I am so happy to see her drinking.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
07-01-2011, 09:23 PM   #17

Glad all went well with the girls, CM, I know you wish they were back home, but tomorrow will be here before you know it. They're in the best place right now.... but doesn't the house feel empty?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
07-01-2011, 09:31 PM   #18

Tink, that's a very elegant fountain! I can't tell if it runs on batteries or electricity from the description on Amazon. I live in an old house and there aren't enough electrical outlets in the kitchen .... I have to unplug the TV to turn on the radio, and vice versa .... so no place for a fountain; Leia will have to stick with her china bowl.

Catsey Veteran

07-01-2011, 09:54 PM   #19

It appears to run on a power cord.
I am lucky that there is a free outlet in the kitchen right by their food dish and mat
I know the feeling well; where the computer is we have power strips just for that reason, Eileen. Fish room as well for the time being.
Angie, glad to hear Kizzy likes it.
I imagine there will be some pawing at it for a few days until the novelty wears off
My prediction is Solomon will enjoy it most as he's always asking for the faucet turned on.
Then again, cats make you look like fools when you make predictions about them so I will just keep my mouth shut and see what happens

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
08-01-2011, 12:03 AM   #20

Evening all home now and actually going to bed the joy of lates at work. See you all tomorrow