Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
03-01-2011, 03:12 PM   #11

Re: Must be Monday...

Goodness Shelley! I'm even more confused now!

My understanding about deccies was that they should be taken down BEFORE Twelfth Night, that being the deadline. In our defence, our green bin collection is tomorrow and they will take the tree for recycling.

I'm not going to say whether I think that should be 5th or 6th - think I'll sit on the fence there!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
03-01-2011, 03:14 PM   #12

That's interesting Shelley... Hadn't thought about it, but I guess that makes sense. After all, we've still got the continuation of that one given that the Jewish Shabbat starts when it gets dark on Friday and lasts until it gets dark on Saturday...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
03-01-2011, 03:20 PM   #13

Afternoon all. Nothing much planned for today, did a bit of clearing up this morning. Going to have our roast beef later which we were meant to have yesterday, looking forward to it. Not sure what to do with the leftovers, might make a cottage pie or freeze it to use another time.

Sorry to hear about the robins angie I hate it when they get the birds...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
03-01-2011, 04:26 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelley123
MrsH, i'm confused and i need to get it right. I looked up about taking deccies down .....................
Dunno Shelley, it's all too confusing In our family we've always honoured the Feast of the Epiphany on 6th January as the date to remove all the decorations, not sure if that's 11th, 12th or 13th Night now!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
03-01-2011, 05:19 PM   #15

Hi, all. Thaw is over, sunny, brisk wind, minus 2 (28 F) now, wind chill minus 8! I've ordered enough groceries so that I can avoid going out in the cold as much as possible during the really bitter weather. I normally like to get out of the house several times a week, but am feeling the cold much more ,,, getting old!! So a lie in and pottering plus a bit of tidying up is about all I've done.....

Will stay neutral about Twelfth Night; thought it was the 6th. Poor Pip, he's just doing what he's designed to do: catch small prey. I don't like them to catch birds but can't get too upset about it..... nice to have the tree and decs down and get back to normal. Monday's no-cook day in my house: bacon, scrambled eggs and salad for dinner tonight. Hope all the poorly people are feeling a bit better, and sneezing pusses!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh called pip!
03-01-2011, 07:23 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
Sorry 'bout that Squirrel, just checked and my Filofax says "Holiday Scotland", but not Bank Holiday, so I suppose it's up to employers. Wonder which of our Scottish members are lucky then?
that would be meeee! my work figures that you cant have a bank holiday at the weekend so we got the monday/tues instead! saying that they did have us working 9-5 boxing day and the 2nd last year! il be paying it back this year tho!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
03-01-2011, 07:32 PM   #17

Mmmmm... I guess that we got ours by being off since the 25th right through to today. People welcome to have more time off, just need to use their AL to do so... I decided against this...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
03-01-2011, 07:47 PM   #18

Evening all

Back to work today.

Having sausage beans and chips tonight and looking forward to that.

Not much going on other than my dinner..........

Shame about the birds Angie does he wear a bell, mind you Oz wore a collar with Bell when he was younger and still caught them.....

SOrry to hear about the dog fight too. But I think a lot of birds will come off worse againsta JR low to the ground and a decent bite on them too. Maybe the pup overstepped his boundaries, but its unusual for an adult dog to "fight with a pup" Its lots of bluster and noise, and unnerving though.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
03-01-2011, 08:37 PM   #19

I'm so sad about those robins. Yes, Pip does wear a bell but because he loses his collar so often, he's gone through the 3 extra noisy bells I bought, so I need to get some more of those.